Home General Hunting

10+ Gator Club FS2011

Hey Guys and Gals, lets post up our pictures of 10'+ Gators and have some fun competition. We are going to put together an award for the longest Gator taken this season and make it an annual thing to look forward to each year. Write FS11 on a piece of paper, a pie plate, or your buddies forehead and get it in the picture with you. For those who've already knocked down a 10+ no worries, post your pics and we'll be able to confirm when the picture was taken by looking at the picture's properties.

Post a pic of the tail with a tape measure along side. We all know it is impossible to prove everyone's posts to be completely accurate but let's be honest and have fun with this.

Let's see who's this year's FS MASTER OF THE SWAMP!

Let'm Rip!!
We are Glad to Help!!
Email_Banner.jpg
Build A Better Rod!

Replies

• fishinthebaitsfishinthebaits Posts: 121 Officer
    10-3, pre contest. So, no tape and no paper plate. But it won't be a contender for the prize anyway. This was in STA1W, North zone.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Captain
    I'm in just gotta go get him or her my hunt's start tommorow
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,405 Officer
    Eazy89 got a 12' and so did we a few weeks ago. Joshaaron got one that would probably top the list but it was missing 2' + of tail.

I still have two tags left but we are hunting for meat and hide now unless we stumble upon a good one....which is what happened with the big one we got. We did lose a big gator on a bait in this area two years ago that we estimated at 11'. Maybe it was him and he grew a foot in 2 years.

Good luck, Derek.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Capt. Kevin BrotzCapt. Kevin Brotz Posts: 742 Officer
    Nice Gator FTB. Keep'm coming.

Good Stuff Derek, once they get above the 10' mark they are another animal and a totally different beast above 12. Post up the pics of the pre contest gators even if they won't win, lets see how many 10+ we can get on the board!
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • reelpleasurereelpleasure Posts: 754 Officer
    Gator2011011.jpg

Here is a fat 11 footer we got on opening night, the other one was 7 foot, but miissing 2 feet of it's tail and 1 leg.
  • BowtechGen3BowtechGen3 Altoona, FlPosts: 778 Officer
    Count Us In :Rockon

IMAG0166.jpg
    11ft 6inches

IMAG0174.jpg
    11ft 2inches

GatorPic7.jpg
    Here is both of them hanging together

We got those two on back to back nights during the 1st Phase
    Director - Central Florida Dog Hunters & Sportsmans Association
    https://www.facebook.com/CFDHSA

1461718pb77ew55q8.gif
    Nice Swamp Lizards Right There!!
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 8,278 Admiral
    I hope Andrew will post a better picture but till he does look hard at the back end of the truck.......not the one being loaded.....even though that one was 11'11"....

The one in the truck was over ten and missing well over 2 if not 3 feet of tail. We cleaned it for him and it was easy 500# even with the missing tail.

He has to get some sort of honerable mention for it......just based on weight.

035.jpg
  • mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,194 Officer
    Here's mine just shy of 11' it was 10'11" but the wieght was un real just a fat pig !!!!! Wish I could of had it wieghed ..

298276_1894697174059_1440456438_31554812_3633740_n.jpg
    That is one fat gator MrBill. Makes him look short he's so thick.
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Mr Bill's about as big as the gator...nice work
  • 001001 Posts: 4,292 Captain
    551094af.jpg
    This chick looks crazy. Looks like she caught one over 10. Head looks huge on the gator.
  • Blake GBlake G Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    I am a long time lurker, but I thought I throw my Dad's big gator in the ring for a photo. He was a pig.

The second is 11'3" taken on the same night. Both my Dad and I are 6'5" to give an idea of size.
    Looks like you guys took care of a bunch of lizards that night.
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • hunterjwhunterjw Posts: 462 Deckhand
    Posted the long story on here a few weeks ago
    "He who hoots with the owls at night will not soar with the eagles at dawn"

• gottheitch22gottheitch22 fort Meade FLPosts: 4,470 Captain
    first pic is STA 3/4 FIRST Phase me and my freind joey got 10-10
    gatorhunting8-20093.jpg
    gatorhunting8-20093.jpg
    second pic is second phase at sta 3/4 and a 10-2 and 10-4
    gatorhunting9-9and9-10086.jpg
    last pic is one from first phase to at 3/4
    gatorhunting8-20084.jpg
    living life as i like
    Nice 10's. they are a blast!
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • marlin3dmarlin3d Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Found this post after we got this guy so didn't include the picture with the measurement. Hooked him a 5:45 saturday evening in STA 1W. Get out and get ya some
    marlin3d wrote: »
    Found this post after we got this guy so didn't include the picture with the measurement. Hooked him a 5:45 saturday evening in STA 1W. Get out and get ya some

Nice going! We saw that one on the log sheet when we signed out Saturday. We were down in the South zone of 1W. Back to the North this weekend.
  • bonebone Posts: 1,167 Officer
    this one is from 2001. 12' 11". Quit gator hunting a couple years ago when half of florida started gator hunting.
    g.jpg 58.6K
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,699 Captain
    Linda`s 11` 3" puts her in
    2ndgatorhunt09-10-10022.jpg
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
    Nice Gators Guys and Gal!! We doubled up on 9 footers yesterday.....Still hunting that 12 footer..
    We are Glad to Help!!
    Email_Banner.jpg
    Build A Better Rod!
  • gamehunter1023gamehunter1023 Posts: 467 Officer
    I havent hunted gators since 1991 and back then it was no problem no get gators over 10 ft our biggest was 13'2'' which we were paid 70 bucks a foot. Listening to the way things are now it seems that the gator hunting has gotten a lot more challenging as in getting the big bull gaors. I know some are still being caught but i guess over the years they are getting more scarce due to it takes a gator of that size (anything over 11') alot of years to become that big. I wouldnt mind next year to give a whirl again lot a fun. good luck looking for the elusive big ones
  • jpatz18jpatz18 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Well i guess its my turn 10'4. Who'd says you cant bury those suckers in the scutes! snatch him and stayed under the water for 1-1/2 hours. Then I buried that dart.
    100_1841.jpg
    100_1851.jpg
    100_1855.jpg
    100_1857.jpg
    Affordable Alligator Hunting Equipment

http://www.alligatorhuntingequipment.com

Like us on Facebook!
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 8,278 Admiral
    The first one just barely qualifies.
    Second one was well over 10............
    Third one we kind of got robbed on.....over 10 but missing a good portion of tail
    Last one is 11' 6"......
    Have 4 more tags.....but it's going to be hard as they are VERY spooky and scarce.
    015-1.jpg
    023.jpg
    DSCN2060.jpg
    DSCN2072.jpg
  • gamehunter1023gamehunter1023 Posts: 467 Officer
    Them r some nice gators. http://forums.floridasportsman.com/images/smilies/smile.png:)
    bswiv wrote: »
    The first one just barely qualifies.
    Second one was well over 10............
    Third one we kind of got robbed on.....over 10 but missing a good portion of tail
    Last one is 11' 6"......
    Have 4 more tags.....but it's going to be hard as they are VERY spooky and scarce.:):):):)
    015-1.jpg
    023.jpg
    DSCN2060.jpg
    DSCN2072.jpg
    gator2011-08-28.jpg

taped out right at 12'

one word with the new hours - binos.

stalked a few decent ones at first light, but they were slick. saw a good one and tried to wait him out but he seemed to have dissapeared.

eased on around the bend about a quarter mile and caught movement about 100 yards out. I field judged him at 9-10ft. ran up on him and 'pooned him after he went under. as he thrashed the boat good from under water, we got a glimpse of his head in the stained water and realized his true size.

he had the harpoon in his mouth. the blood was pumpin and we were amped. the line was everywhere so we didn't even know where, if at all, our dart connected. he snapped the harpoon with his jaws (can see the broken end in the pic,,,btw, thanks for the head/driver, jpatz, it only lasted 2 hunts but his guy was worth the loss)

but, as he headed to deep water, our buoy trailed...and then dissapeared.

we waited...and waited.

then we started to visually comb the thick vegetation lookin for our little red buoy. we even drug a snatch hook back and forth in the area he went down trying to hook the buoy or him, but nothing. we eased back down the way about a quarter mile scanning the weeds and lilly pads (was this the guy that eluded us back there?).

we were starting to get that uneasy feeling, but as we returned to the scene, "buoy's up!"....right where we left him. the blood started pumping again. we eased up to it and I carefully drew the line and there wasn't much slack so I quickly asked for another line and buoy to make sure it didn't dissapear again.

we carefully pulled him up from the bottom, which was surprisingly easy, and I got another dart square in his back. he took off again and took us for a little, as fishinthebaits would say, "sleigh ride", but he wasn't going far. we got him back up and my buddy put the money shot on him with the bang stick. it was then we could see that we had him darted in the rear leg on the first go, and, later, upon closer inspection - realized that it was deep in the muscle and not coming out....but, we got that "insurance" line in him just to be sure. we also got an insurance bullet in him, but it was over - two perfect shots by my buddy and gator done.
    Way to go, David! That's a cool story. Hang that broken harpoon on the wall. We almost retired the one that's been bitten twice, but it's my son's "Old Faithful" that he's used on a bunch so far.
  • jpatz18jpatz18 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Good to see you land that 12footer. Ive only been out a couple times motor problems :( 2 boats 2 motors and they run like crap right now. Carb jobs no time. Anyone have free time? LOL

Well anyways shoot me a pm with your address and ill replace what he broke for free. Also ill give you a bouy...lol
    Affordable Alligator Hunting Equipment

http://www.alligatorhuntingequipment.com

Like us on Facebook!
    good stuff, fishin. Your son looks like he's havin' a ball in that canoe pic you posted where he's hooked up and goin for a ride....pretty intense!

J - you're not the first to make fun of that buoy. lol I got a couple crab floats, but this buoy seems to get it done regardless of it's small size. We have two or three other harpoons so no worries on driver replacement. Hope ya get your motors fixed soon. I've got two more tags to fill and will probably go out next weekend or the following.

Here is the 7 footer we got the night before after chasing them all night. Turns out he was hit by a boat pretty good. If he'd been hit in the mid-section, he would of been dead.

gator82711.jpg