Home Politics

See ya in Church.

2»

Replies

• LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    Dogs for deer.

Lame.

That comment alone proves your Cracker handle is made up,thanks for proving to everyone your as cracker as a Yankee fan.
    And yes it's legal to beagles,walkers, or any hound for deer in Florida and has been since the beginning of time. Many a day we have run deer and heard a great race thru the woods and let the deer go . I used to run beagles not 5 mins from the house, had one ole does that would take the same route every single time,it was comical. We knew just whe she would cross the roads,when she would double back etc.yes hunting with dogs in Florida is a great Cracker tradition.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Dogs for deer.

Lame.

I hate shooting dogs but sometimes ya just have too.
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Longhaul wrote: »
    You use a pointer for rabbits? I know it's weird but we run beagles on deer and rabbits. Our pointers are for quail, crazy I know but......

GSPs are some of the best and most versatile hunting dogs alive.

The original GSPs were bread for versatility and to hunt fur and feather. Americans have kinda changed the breed to strictly be bird dogs but that is not "true to the breed".

I use Bartram to point quail, dove and woodcock (yes he will point dove!), chase rabbits (he does not bark but I use a collar bell), retrieve duck and tree squirrels. Game under out belt include dove, quail, rabbit, squirrel and wild boar. I DO NOT encourage pigs and have to stop hunting some areas because of this. I don't want him hurt.

He knows the names of all the animals and I can change up a hunt from quail to rabbits. He will change his hunting style when I mention any of the above game.

In the mid-19th century breeders in Germany set out to deliberately create a gun dog so versatile that it would hunt all species of upland gamebirds and waterfowl as well as all kinds of small game. In addition, this all-around canine would also scent track big game such as wild boar and wounded deer and find and dispatch predators like fox and feral cats when necessary.
    http://www.gundogmag.com/2012/10/09/breed-profile-german-shorthaired-pointer/
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 AG
    According to northamericanwhitetail.com only 11 states still allowed hunting whitetail deer with dogs 10 years ago & 2 of those states don't even have populations of whitetail deer.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2010/09/22/deermanagement_naw_debate_1009/

The overwhelming majority of states & most dedicated whitetail hunters apparently consider hunting them with dogs to be unsportsman like behavior.
    According to northamericanwhitetail.com only 11 states still allowed hunting whitetail deer with dogs 10 years ago & 2 of those states don't even have populations of whitetail deer.

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/2010/09/22/deermanagement_naw_debate_1009/

The overwhelming majority of states & most dedicated whitetail hunters apparently consider hunting them with dogs to be unsportsman like behavior.
    So because some still hunter has a opinion we should stop running dogs? Thinning the deer herd is the reason Floridastatefair deer herd is at a all time high. Hey I don't run dogs anymore but know those who do and I still go and listen to a race now and then. It's part of Cracker culture and I don't have a problem with it. They hunt bear with dogs in the blue ridge and cougars out west so why not deer in fla.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Lactic acid and adrenaline in meat makes it taste bad, might as well be eating 2 day old road kill.

Hunting with dogs is bush league.
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    I just want to see a pic of the bird he killed - I suspect it is just as real as the rest of the BS he posts.