Home General Fishing

got my boat motor stolen

Hoff The HookHoff The Hook Posts: 28 Greenhorn
1992 johnson 2 stroke 15 hp stolen off my boat right out of my drive way just paid 300 dollars to get fixed at boaters exchange and bought it used from one of my freinds for 600 dollars :banghead

Replies

• Itch-2-FishItch-2-Fish Vero Beach, FLPosts: 425 Deckhand
    Sorry to read... goes to show, can't trust people these days. I do my best to bring any valuables in and lock down whatever I can. It's a shame but it's just not worth risking otherwise. Hope things get better for you.
    German Shepherd Dogs rule! Adopt one today.
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,237 Captain
    That sucks man. Sorry.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith - Crooked Rod Charters
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    1992 johnson 2 stroke 15 hp stolen off my boat right out of my drive way just paid 300 dollars to get fixed at boaters exchange and bought it used from one of my freinds for 600 dollars :banghead

Hey that totally sucks!

I had the lower unit stolen of my pontoon boat. It was in the city lot. Yamaha 115 4 stroke. It cost me $1400.00 to replace..........:mad
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,019 Admiral
    I got a new Yamaha 25 a couple months ago.
    I worry more about it leaving than my Wife.....
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • fish4funfish4fun Posts: 225 Officer
    My boat is in the water and I was going to start a thread asking about securing my new 9.9 kicker so I didn't have to remove it each time. It's 100#'s. I think I'll just keep removing it.

I'm sorry to hear about your motor Hoff'. That really sucks man.
  • HookingSnookHookingSnook Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    It does suck, similar story, I got my lower unit on my 150 Yamaha stolen while it was on the lift.
  • Hoff The HookHoff The Hook Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    i didnt even know it was posible to steal a lower unit
  • Hemi45Hemi45 Posts: 77 Deckhand
    That's a big bag of suck! Having something stolen from your home is the worst on many levels - sorry for you.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Captain
    Lower units are pretty easy to remove, especially Yamaha. I just take mine off now, they cant steal it if its not there.
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • ElementElement Posts: 1,749 Officer
    Bummer - see if the ******bag is stupid enough to put it on Craigslist or Ebay. Notify th epolice and chek local pawn shops. I had a local scumbag walk into my garage at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Tuesday - with my wife and kid home and just start helping himself to my stuff. Wife walked out on him and he ran and took off in his truck. He posted it on CL the next day, cops tracked him down and he's finishing his year in jail now.

It would be great to get your motor back, but it's also great to know who the scumbag is so you don't have to worry about who it might have been. Good luck man.
  • captearlcaptearl Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    I hate hearing stories like this. I had a Johnson 70hp that was stolen right off the boat from in my yard many moons ago. Didn't have insurance at the time. Worst thing that ever happened to me. Been stuck with a 35hp since then. Karma will get that evil person. Good luck.