Home Politics

Barry Goes After Cow Pharts.

LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
I bet he gets another Nobel Prize for this?

White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda
As part of its plan to reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, the Obama administration is targeting the dairy industry to reduce methane emissions in their operations.

This comes despite falling methane emission levels across the economy since 1990.

The White House has proposed cutting methane emissions from the dairy industry by 25 percent by 2020. Although U.S. agriculture only accounts for about 9 percent of the country’s greenhouse gas emissions, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, it makes up a sizeable portion of methane emissions — which is a very potent greenhouse gas.

Some of these methane emissions come from cow flatulence, exhaling and belching — other livestock animals release methane as well.

“Cows emit a massive amount of methane through belching, with a lesser amount through flatulence,” according to How Stuff Works. “Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day… while others say it’s up to 500 liters… a day. In any case, that’s a lot of methane, an amount comparable to the pollution produced by a car in a day.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/white-house-looks-to-regulate-cow-flatulence-as-part-of-climate-agenda/#ixzz2xMUlRl4L
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.

Replies

• Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    I bet he gets another Nobel Prize for this

OK so what do you want to bet?
  • White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    Anything to create another global warming tax.
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,638 AG
    Dairy Farmers have been targeted for years. It started under Clinton and regulations get tightened all the time. In spite of the claim in the article, the EPA is going after manure storage and not the methane produced by the cows by natural acts.

This same BS made the news about 10 years ago.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    In spite of the claim in the article, the EPA is going after manure storage and not the methane produced by the cows by natural acts.

Doesn't sound that way to me. Got anything that says that?
    The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
    This just released from the White House:
    Barry will solve unemployment by putting people to work following cows with lighters.

And yes, they will be union jobs;
    Cow Phart Lighters Local
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,788 Admin
    It's spelled "farts".
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    nuevowavo wrote: »
    It's spelled "farts".

I would have thought the "forums bad word software" would have **** ?
    White Dog wrote: »
    Doesn't sound that way to me. Got anything that says that?

It is a voluntary program to get dairies to use methane digesters, which take manure and turn it into energy. Some Dairies already use them.

http://stream.wsj.com/story/latest-headlines/SS-2-63399/SS-2-494862/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_digestion

http://www.mda.state.mn.us/protecting/conservation/practices/digester.aspx

http://strausfamilycreamery.com/values-in-action/methane-digester

The last time it was a U.N. report and there was discussions on taxing cow farts

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/01/wheres_the_beef.html

Unless there is some new technology out there, except modifying feed stock, there isn't any way to control a cow releasing gas or capturing it.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,873 Captain
    That's a great example of how ridiculous Agenda 21 really is. It's in there, written 21 years ago. Make no mistake, this is not Barry it's the UN at it's finest!
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
    That's a great example of how ridiculous Agenda 21 really is. It's in there, written 21 years ago. Make no mistake, this is not Barry it's the UN at it's finest!

I knew the BS started under Clinton, was not aware it was part of Agenda 21. It makes sense though.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Reel MullarkeyReel Mullarkey Posts: 1,873 Captain
    It was actually signed by Bush senior. The difference of republicans and democrats is just to keep us divided.
    Jonathan Mullarkey's
    SUPERCLEAN SERVICES
    Professional cleaning and restoration since 1999
    CARPETS - UPHOLSTERY - TILE - GROUT - MARBLE - TERRAZZO

CLEAN - POLISH - SEAL - RESTORE - PROTECT
    561-891-1236
    www.steamcleanjupiter.com
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    It was actually signed by Bush senior. The difference of republicans and democrats is just to keep us divided.

Stop... they all run and hide when you shine a light and expose their delusions.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,499 AG
    cadman wrote: »
    I knew the BS started under Clinton, was not aware it was part of Agenda 21. It makes sense though.

Enter stage left. Gary C, tell us how you feel about Agenda 21. Don't hold back on us. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sailfish2sailfish2 Posts: 4,275 Captain
    Barry is sick and tired of cow farts........
    Hoping for better luck next time...... and got it.

WINNING!
  • Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,570 Captain

MikeLesterCattleLyticConverter.gif
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    As ive said before.... CO2 is dead.... methane is the new target. Colorado just put out their first set of methane restrictions.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cow farts? After I saw that story on the news I ripped a huge pickled eggs and Budwieser fart. Were up to 78 degrees here today!!:USA
  • FreeLinerFreeLiner Posts: 1,573 Captain
    mustang190 wrote: »
    Cow farts? After I saw that story on the news I ripped a huge pickled eggs and Budwieser fart. Were up to 78 degrees here today!!:USA

Nice!!!!! I did the same. Its 70 degrees here in Denver today and now that I ripped one it looks like snow on Wednesday.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,658 Captain
    Simply continue to develop pesky agriculture lands. Do away with the Florida Conservation Corridor and it's string of agricultural "working" lands. Remove cattle from the landscape,add cars and rooftops. Vegans et al will celebrate.Don't laugh- the anti cattle narrative has been entrenched for years among some enviro ethos. Even "Smart Growth" concept could be employed.
    "Smart Fart"

Graphic example of Global Warming source! Florida ranch lands ideal for future development
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    If American leadership would have just set a proper cow-fart example for the rest of the world, this might not have happened;

Farting Cows Make Barn Explode In Germany

BERLIN (AP) — A herd of dairy cows nearly lifted the roof off their barn in central Germany when methane released by the animals caused an explosion.

Police in Hesse state said in a statement that a static electric charge apparently triggered the detonation, and a spurt of flame, on Monday at a farm in Rasdorf. The roof was slightly damaged and one cow suffered light burns. No people were hurt.

Police say 90 cows are kept in the shed and it wasn't clear why quantities of methane had built up. Bovine belching and flatulence releases large quantities of the gas.
  • WraithWraith Posts: 1,653 Captain
    Seriously, don't laugh and pass this Carp off......

Someone has gone as far as this........
    SLOP, (Standard Liberal Operating Procedure).