Sunday 30th

Android77Android77 Posts: 483 Deckhand
Going to try for Sunday morning at Dania if anyone's interested. Should be OK till around noon with northwest wind.

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,320 Moderator
    I'm in. I was going to go this morning, but couldn't make the wakeup call.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    Might be doing gulfstream. Gonna wait for one more weather update.
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    Eric, I'd be down for gulfstream if you end up going. Let me know.
  • meckertmeckert Posts: 76 Deckhand
    I wanna go so bad... Pompano looks the best out of boynton/pompano/dania. Im down for any spot as long as im with a couple people.

Come on Eric... We,ve been out in way worse... Which equals me flipping coming in but im ok with that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    Down for Dania. Fishy fish are calling. It may be a good day for live baiting because of the stronger winds. Deep jigging? Dunno. Probably fast drifting most of the time. Anyways, the kayak is staring me in the face calling out my name. See ya'll in the a.m.
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,320 Moderator
    Anyone got a good weather report?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • kayakfrankkayakfrank Posts: 791 Officer
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=26.047104645822653&lon=-80.09756137573243

This is the closest I can find for us. Also, the Dania Beach Cam is available 24/7

http://daniabeachfl.gov/index.aspx?nid=1640
    Fish Hard...Or Don't Fish At All.
  • Ericjames22Ericjames22 Posts: 377 Officer
    meckert wrote: »
    I wanna go so bad... Pompano looks the best out of boynton/pompano/dania. Im down for any spot as long as im with a couple people.

Come on Eric... We,ve been out in way worse... Which equals me flipping coming in but im ok with that

Wish i wenr out ocean is flat. Captain morgan got the best of me last night though.
  • ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
    I went out of Boynton today and planned to drift to Phipps but the north wind was too strong. Paddled out to 300, trolled between there and 220 and then trolled between 60 and 120 looking for cobia. Got skunked. I hate fishing. Overheard on the radio a 10# blackfin caught in 200 just south.
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 483 Deckhand
    Had a mahi steal a pilchard. Lost small tuna down deep and lost a nice tuna boat side when I forgot to loosen drag and it tried to make a run. It was real fishy just couldn't put it all together. Saw several nice free swimming mahi.hooked a shark in 450 and it made a 250 yard run straight for bottom. Leader broke and had the telltale sandpaper feel when I got it back. Maybe next weekend will go better.