Home Politics

Gov. Scott already on the attack!

Replies

• Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    tunaman wrote: »
    You sound like an expert, speaking from experience, chubby
    chubasco wrote: »
    Yep, every RWNJ I have ever met who railed against gays turned out to be a closet homosexual.

Nobody else much cares.
    tunaman wrote: »
    There you go, twisting it again, or i should say still. My obvious point was YOU sound like the expert **** watcher and closet ****.

So it was your goal to get your *** kicked by chubby to the point you had to start calling names? If so, nice work.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Ha Ha Ha - so no actual examples. I have discovered that all you really have to do to throw a fake conservative for a loop is ask for proof - they never have any.

Fake conservatives are more disgusting than whacked out lefties to me now - at least the lefties actually believe their BS.

Liberalism always needs an enemy to liberate from.
  • chubasco wrote: »
    Yep, every RWNJ I have ever met who railed against gays turned out to be a closet homosexual.

Nobody else much cares.

So your expertise is bringing closet gays out?
  • Plan SeaPlan Sea Posts: 5,453 Officer
    “We’re going give you back that 54 percent increase you saw in 2009,” Rick Scott

Anyone get their RS rebate check in the mail yet?

After all, “It was never government’s money. It’s your money.”
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Liberalism always needs an enemy to liberate from.

You have never met anyone you supported pedophilia, have you?

Why do you feel the need to lie on a fishing forum?
    So your expertise is bringing closet gays out?

Some one is crying out for an intervention around here..........

But Ron, you might have to pay for those services and I doubt you can discharge those in bankruptcy
  • jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    Plan Sea wrote: »
    “We’re going give you back that 54 percent increase you saw in 2009,” Rick Scott

Anyone get their RS rebate check in the mail yet?

After all, “It was never government’s money. It’s your money.”

As is the case with many blinded with their biases, perhaps you are looking for it in the wrong place. The following is one proposed legislative reduction relative to your quote:

"...Governor Rick Scott Applauds Florida Senate’s Unanimous Passage of “It’s Your Money Tax Cut”

On March 18, 2014, in News Releases, by Staff

Today, Governor Rick Scott applauded the Florida Senate for unanimously passing SB 156, which cuts taxes by nearly $400 million by rolling back fees on motor vehicle registrations. The proposal is a major part of the Governor’s “It’s Your Money Tax Cut Budget.” Governor Scott said, “I want to thank Senate President Don Gaetz, Senator […]..."

http://www.flgov.com/

Shocking; a politician that strives to do what he/she promised.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,700 AG
    I'm very disappointed in FL for these two terrible candidates. I will vote for whoever is the independent or libertarian candidate.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,506 AG
    Medical MJ is on the same ballot, and they will turn out for that.

Scott is missing an opportunity by not leading the charge for MM. I normally don't vote for amendments, bad mojo.
    I did vote Yes for the net ban though. I'll be voting yes again for this one but not for the pole smoker. That has to pain libs. :wink
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Scott is missing an opportunity by not leading the charge for MM. I normally don't vote for amendments, bad mojo.

I did vote Yes for the net ban though. I'll be voting yes again for this one but not for the pole smoker. That has to pain libs. :wink

That could be true; however, in my humble opinion, the worst thing a candidate can do is to show support for something his/her heart does not agree with. It will routinely come back and bite him/her.
    :Spittingcoffee

Explosive email!

Fernandez’s most explosive accusation remains in dispute, with the campaign saying it never happened. In his Feb. 20 email, Fernandez said a business partner, identified only as Luis, heard a Scott campaign staff member “mimicking a Mexican accent.”

:rotflmao
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    jlh49 wrote: »

Explosive email!

Fernandez’s most explosive accusation remains in dispute, with the campaign saying it never happened. In his Feb. 20 email, Fernandez said a business partner, identified only as Luis, heard a Scott campaign staff member “mimicking a Mexican accent.”

Pissing off a billionaire campaign donor is rarely a good idea, worse if he's Hispanic and you have a racist campaign staff.

Explosive email!

I wonder why Scott avoids the issue, particularly about a guy that raised a $1M for him.
    Pissing off a billionaire campaign donor is rarely a good idea, worse if he's Hispanic and you have a racist campaign staff.

Especially when the evidence that his campaign staff is racist, is so overwhelming.
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    I wonder why Scott avoids the issue, particularly about a guy that raised a $1M for him.

Because he knows that regardless of how he responds, there will be no objective analysis of it's truthfulness. Similar to here on this forum.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Because he knows that regardless of how he responds, there will be no objective analysis of it's truthfulness. Similar to here on this forum.

One of the two billionaires is lying though, right?
    As is the case with many blinded with their biases, perhaps you are looking for it in the wrong place. The following is one proposed legislative reduction relative to your quote:

"...Governor Rick Scott Applauds Florida Senate’s Unanimous Passage of “It’s Your Money Tax Cut”

On March 18, 2014, in News Releases, by Staff

Today, Governor Rick Scott applauded the Florida Senate for unanimously passing SB 156, which cuts taxes by nearly $400 million by rolling back fees on motor vehicle registrations. The proposal is a major part of the Governor’s “It’s Your Money Tax Cut Budget.” Governor Scott said, “I want to thank Senate President Don Gaetz, Senator […]..."

http://www.flgov.com/

Shocking; a politician that strives to do what he/she promised.

He can't cut a penny, that is the job of the legislator.

I'll ask AGAIN, "We’re going give you back that 54 percent increase you saw in 2009"

How am I getting back the 54% increase I paid over 5 years (my money) back? Lowering my fees does not replenish what was paid out. Are you bias to math?

BTW this was not his idea as well, it was Joe Negon's and Scott never said a word about his plan up until it dies in the Senate.

But already, Senate Appropriations Chair Joe Negron, R-Stuart, has staked a claim, once again, to reduce vehicle registration fee increases that lawmakers approved in 2009 by $230 million.

Negron pushed for the same this year only to see the bill die

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2013/09/with-845-million-surplus-negron-makes-another-bid-for-auto-registration-fee-cut.html#storylink=cpy

They cut $400 million after raising $2.2 BILLION and you are giddy of a potential 1.2 billion surplus? Where's the rest that I am suppose to be "getting back" ??????????
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Don't forget that it was Charlie who signed the ethanol mandate into state law.
    He can't cut a penny, that is the job of the legislator.

:rotflmao Oh....okay!
    I'll ask AGAIN, "We’re going [sic] give you back that 54 percent increase you saw in 2009" (?)

How am I getting back the 54% increase I paid over 5 years (my money) back? Lowering my fees does not replenish what was paid out. Are you bias to math?

Then you explain it because you interjected this point on your own, and not from my post.
    BTW this was not his idea as well, it was Joe Negon's and Scott never said a word about his plan up until it dies in the Senate.

But already, Senate Appropriations Chair Joe Negron, R-Stuart, has staked a claim, once again, to reduce vehicle registration fee increases that lawmakers approved in 2009 by $230 million.

Negron pushed for the same this year only to see the bill die

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2013/09/with-845-million-surplus-negron-makes-another-bid-for-auto-registration-fee-cut.html#storylink=cpy

Right, and Obama had nothing to do with the Affordable Care Act legislation either. :grin
    They cut $400 million after raising $2.2 BILLION and you are giddy of a potential 1.2 billion surplus? Where's the rest that I am suppose to be "getting back" ??????????

"...By a vote of 40-0, the Florida state Senate passed S.B. 156, a $395 million tax cut which repealed a car tax increase signed into law by former Governor Charlie Crist in 2009. This was a top legislative priority for Republican Governor Rick Scott, who has made cutting taxes the focus of this year's legislative session. Democrat Charlie Crist's 54 percent increase in automobile registration fees raised the cost of annual vehicle registration from $46 to $71 back in 2009. In undoing this tax hike, Republicans will save Sunshine State motorists an average of $25 per vehicle per year.

Upon passage of the Senate bill, Governor Scott had this to say:

'This tax cut will let families keep nearly $400 million of their hard-earned money in their own pockets. It's critical to our "It's Your Money Tax Cut Budget," which cuts taxes, pays down the debt, and cuts government waste. Today's vote is great news, and we'll continue working with the Legislature to let families keep more of their hard-earned dollars.'

Lawmakers who had set a goal of more than $500 million in tax cuts this year got even more welcome news recently when state economists predicted that Florida would take in about $150 million more over the next 16 months than current estimates called for. Republican House Speaker Will Weatherford immediately declared what would be done with most of that money: "Obviously...tax cuts" He is pictured on the right, thinking about which taxes will be cut next.

Under Governor Scott's leadership and Republican control of the legislature, the state has gone from an inherited $3.6 billion deficit to more than a billion dollar surplus without higher taxes. The state's astounding economic growth has happened as a direct result of rolling back high taxes and sustained fiscal restraint, leading to massive new investments in the state by businesses and an influx new taxpayers from high tax states like New York and Illinois..."

http://www.atr.org/florida-senate-unanimously-votes-repeal-charlie-crists-400-million-car-tax

Just for those mathematically challenged: 71 - 46 = 25, divided by 46 = .5434782

As previously stated, a politician actually striving to do what he/she promised to do. How shocking.

A lot of people have opinions; such as this one about Politifact.

“…The newspapers around the country that signed on with PolitiFact when it seemed like such a good idea ought to pull their support now. They can fact check the right way on their own if they want.

If they care about their own credibility, they need to part ways with PolitiFact, which refuses to abide by a basic principle of journalism: acknowledging and correcting one’s errors.

PolitiFact was stubborn enough when it was run by Bill Adair. Since Angie Drobnic Holan took over, it has become apparent that PolitiFact acknowledges no reality but its own. This is a woman who once said that it was “cherry-picking” for others to cite the total cost of Obamacare…”

http://watchdog.org/121499/newspapers-need-ditch-politifact-checks/
    It's hard to believe anyone would defend Scott. I don't really care who the next governor is, it has no effect on me except occasionally it's embarrassing when I live in a state with a corporate criminal and carpet bagger as governor.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    It's hard to believe anyone would defend Scott. I don't really care who the next governor is, it has no effect on me except occasionally it's embarrassing when I live in a state with a corporate criminal and carpet bagger as governor.

The cream of the crop in American politics.
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,661 Captain
    It will be interesting to witness Crist on guns. Former NRA endorsed while GOP (carefully posing with Remington 870....never an AR....).

Might be a good thing for Democrats and the state in general. Deal more effectively with the gun thing and we might even manage to put a conservationist or two back in office. Gun owning and user conservationists.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink

I am not sure defending is the appropriate terminology. Someone else started a thread about Scott & I posted information about his success & that of other Republican Governors. Since then, several have gone out of the way to discredit him. I am just trying to separate the facts from the opinions.
    FloridaOD wrote: »
    It will be interesting to witness Crist on guns. Former NRA endorsed while GOP (carefully posing with Remington 870....never an AR....).

Might be a good thing for Democrats and the state in general. Deal more effectively with the gun thing and we might even manage to put a conservationist or two back in office. Gun owning and user conservationists.

I could never for vote for Crist either. He is nothing but a political gadfly.
    I am not sure defending is the appropriate terminology. Someone else started a thread about Scott & I posted information about his success & that of other Republican Governors. Since then, several have gone out of the way to discredit him. I am just trying to separate the facts from the opinions.

I have not noticed success that he has had or any tax reductions I may have received. They must be well hidden.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    FloridaOD wrote: »

Interesting point. I won't speak to guns which is a non issue to all but the paranoid ,:hairraiser but conservation is a key discriminator between the two candidates.

Crist was the AG who worked with us on the net ban and earned the respect of the recreational fishing community. In time that eroded to indifference to our being bludgeoned by federal fisheries mangers. He also moved more to the preservationist side with his diverting of funding for the northern everglades initiative, to placating anti-ag preservationists in purchasing unusable farmland for a mythic Plan 6 flow way, setting back stormwater protection for the St. Lucie and Caloosahatchee estuaries by a decade.

This governor and this legislature put those projects back on track . Charlie unfortunately cannot play to both sides and he trammeled himself by doing so.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse