Home Politics

Reid lying AGAIN.

White DogWhite Dog Posts: 5,343 Officer
What a piece of crap this guy is.......is he consciously lying or going senile?
http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/barbara-boland/reid-denies-making-videotaped-claim-obamacare-horror-stories-are-lies

About Us
Subscribe
Contact Us
Donate
RSS

Reid Denies Making Videotaped Claim that Obamacare Horror Stories Are 'Lies'
March 28, 2014 - 10:54 AM
By Barbara Boland
Subsrcibe to Barbara Boland RSS
84 249

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Wednesday that, "I have never come to the floor, to my recollection, I've never said a word about examples that Republicans have given regarding ObamaCare and how it's not very good."

"Mr. President, the junior senator from Wyoming has come to the floor several times recently talking about the fact that examples that he and others Republicans have given dealing with ObamaCare, examples that are bad, I've called lies. Mr. President, that is simply untrue," Reid said.
As CNSnews.com reported, and as C-SPAN video of him shows, Reid said on the Senate floor:

"We heard about the evils of Obamacare, about the lives it's ruining in Republicans' stump speeches and in ads paid for by oil magnates, the Koch brothers. But in those tales, turned out to be just that: tales, stories made up from whole cloth, lies distorted by the Republicans to grab headlines or make political advertisements."

"There's plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America."

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Wednesday that, "I have never come to the floor, to my recollection, I've never said a word about examples that Republicans have given regarding ObamaCare and how it's not very good."

"Mr. President, the junior senator from Wyoming has come to the floor several times recently talking about the fact that examples that he and others Republicans have given dealing with ObamaCare, examples that are bad, I've called lies. Mr. President, that is simply untrue," Reid said.

Harry Reid is contradicting his own statements made on February 26.

As CNSnews.com reported, and as C-SPAN video of him shows, Reid said on the Senate floor:

"We heard about the evils of Obamacare, about the lives it's ruining in Republicans' stump speeches and in ads paid for by oil magnates, the Koch brothers. But in those tales, turned out to be just that: tales, stories made up from whole cloth, lies distorted by the Republicans to grab headlines or make political advertisements."

"There's plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America."

Reid then blamed the Obamacare victims' stories on the Koch brothers.
The White Dog.........R.I.P..........1996 - June 2nd, 2011

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,700 AG
    He's a politician, it a prerequisite.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • LouieLouieLouieLouie Posts: 2,702 Officer
    I saw Harry Reid and I thought you'd be posting this recent hit;

Harry Reid in hot water for $17K campaign dole-out to granddaughter

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/27/harry-reid-hot-water-17k-campaign-dole-out-grandda/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    I wish for the day when we would hold both parties feet to the fire on the lying, vote them out if they do like we did with the "read my lips, no new taxes" George Bush.
  • Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,570 Captain
    I wish for the day when we would hold both parties feet to the fire on the lying, vote them out if they do like we did with the "read my lips, no new taxes" George Bush.
    Technically, it wasn't a new tax but an increase in an existing taxes that caused this uproar.
    However, he also said that he had no intentions of doing that either, but he did raise the existing taxes.
    And I'm the one who will not raise taxes. My opponent now says he'll raise them as a last resort, or a third resort. But when a politician talks like that, you know that's one resort he'll be checking into. My opponent won't rule out raising taxes. But I will. And the Congress will push me to raise taxes and I'll say no. And they'll push, and I'll say no, and they'll push again, and I'll say, to them, ‘Read my lips: no new taxes.’
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893
    Yes, those talking points gave the Dim's all they needed, not to mention Ross Perot taking 20% of the right vote. Yep, Ross gave us 8 years of "Willie the Zipper."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I want to offer thanks the "FS Forum Powers That Be" for giving me the opportunity to see the light and makes changes from my past... The knowledge and awareness I have gained during the last few months of BannedCation has helped changed my life... I will strive to continue in the right, I mean LEFT direction... Thank You.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Yet consider that the repubs couldn't find anyone but a RWNJ to run against him. Funny how every poll had Reid losing his last election. Oh well, give it another try in 5 years.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,506 AG
    chubasco wrote: »
    Yet consider that the repubs couldn't find anyone but a RWNJ to run against him. Funny how every poll had Reid losing his last election. Oh well, give it another try in 5 years.

That's a real shame Chubs. That's five more years you do not pass go, do not collect gun control. :Spittingcoffee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    he's a liar and an angry old white man. how come you liberals aren't waving your finger about that? oh wait i get it.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    chubasco wrote: »

the media convinced the voters that Reid was running against a right wing nut job.
    rain dog wrote: »
    he's a liar and an angry old white man. how come you liberals aren't waving your finger about that? oh wait i get it.

He's not fat. Former boxer and seems real good at kicking the RWNJ's butts and making their heads explode. Look at what a great job he's doing with them here.
    Chubasco.jpg
    The Dim's vote like the star trek borg, a collective without independent thought. They will mindlessly vote for what's put in front of them and like it.
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    He's a Democrat, it a prerequisite.

Right on brother!
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,247 Captain
    Regardless of what side one is on...
    Does anyone else see how Reid's LATEST....(certainly not his ONLY) verbal insult to human intelligence discloses the pathetic state of political discourse in America ? Senator Reid isn't some small time, small market looney who has to say ANYTHING to get some attention and garner name recognition.
    This guy is the MAJORITY LEADER of the United States Senate. For an individual of EITHER party in that august position to KNOW he can look straight at the camera...LIE, LIE, then LIE again, CHEAT the law, WHATEVER he wants to do or say...with NO CONSEQUENCE...is really kinda scarey.
    Please note...at no time have I pulled out a party card...mentioned political party or affiliation.
    When one of our most senior and significant national leaders KNOWS he has such blind sychophantic support that he can get away with virtually ANYTHING...say ANYTHING..we're in trouble...REGARDLESS of which side it is coming from.
    guido4198 wrote: »
    Regardless of what side one is on...
    Does anyone else see how Reid's LATEST....(certainly not his ONLY) verbal insult to human intelligence discloses the pathetic state of political discourse in America ? Senator Reid isn't some small time, small market looney who has to say ANYTHING to get some attention and garner name recognition.
    This guy is the MAJORITY LEADER of the United States Senate. For an individual of EITHER party in that august position to KNOW he can look straight at the camera...LIE, LIE, then LIE again, CHEAT the law, WHATEVER he wants to do or say...with NO CONSEQUENCE...is really kinda scarey.
    Please note...at no time have I pulled out a party card...mentioned political party or affiliation.
    When one of our most senior and significant national leaders KNOWS he has such blind sychophantic support that he can get away with virtually ANYTHING...say ANYTHING..we're in trouble...REGARDLESS of which side it is coming from.

Funny I have never seen you say the same about the Speaker of the House who is 3rd in line for the presidency. A long list of times he has looked into the camera and lied can easily be provided.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Not again! Still!!
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 30,680 AG

We wouldn't have many left in Congress.

Mini Mart Magnate

This forum is carbon based lifeform friendly. 

• jlh49jlh49 Posts: 3,127 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    We wouldn't have many left in Congress.

And in the Executive Office?
    jlh49 wrote: »
    And in the Executive Office?

You would also have to include Obama, Bush, Reagan, and quite a few others. If we kicked them out for lying, we would have anyone running the country. Here is the order of succession currently

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

Who would be President if we kicked out the liars? Holder and those above him are all gone. Maybe Sally Jewel? Don't know.

Mini Mart Magnate

You would also have to include Obama, Bush, Reagan, and quite a few others. If we kicked them out for lying, we would have anyone running the country. Here is the order of succession currently

Who would be President if we kicked out the liars? Holder and those above him are all gone. Maybe Sally Jewel? Don't know.

Then maybe it is time to start doing just that. Supporting candidates that lie just because their predecessors also lied is ridiculous.

I believe the Constitution outlines those in line in the event a President steps down, is killed, died, etc.
  • Tug Boat BobTug Boat Bob Posts: 2,570 Captain

She's not eligible as she is a naturalized U.S. citizen born in the UK.
    "Great lives never go out, they go on."
    Benjamin Harrison 1833-1901
    23rd President of the United States, 1889-1893
    I believe the Constitution outlines those in line in the event a President steps down, is killed, died, etc.
    '

The constitution says it is the VP and if he is incapable, congress decides. The Presidential Succession Act of 1947 is the current law by congress on what happens down to the 17th person in line. I linked it above.

Mini Mart Magnate

She's not eligible as she is a naturalized U.S. citizen born in the UK.

Antony Foxx Maybe?

Mini Mart Magnate

Then maybe it is time to start doing just that. Supporting candidates that lie just because their predecessors also lied is ridiculous.

'

The constitution says it is the VP and if he is incapable, congress decides. The Presidential Succession Act of 1947 is the current law by congress on what happens down to the 17th person in line. I linked it above.

Like I said, as defined in the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. Not as defined by Wikipedia.