Plinking

I picked up a couple of 22 lever action rifles.
Does anyone know of a place that you can go plinking and target shooting without having to go to the gun ranges and pay $15-$20 to shoot for an hour.
Thanks
Griff

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,120 AG
    My backyard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 26 Greenhorn
    Flash wrote: »
    My backyard.
    Thanks Flash, but I was hoping for a place a little closer to Spring Hill, Weeki Wachee.
    Griff
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Ocala National forest has area's you can shoot at at times. I would swing by your local FFA and ask that same question. I'm sure they can give you a few idea's. When I was a kid it was just a matter of finding a wooded area and cleaning up after yourself. Not so much anymore sadly.
  • HighPlainsDrifterHighPlainsDrifter Posts: 270 Officer
    The chazz range is only $12 a day for non members. I know its not the same but is pretty close to you.
    "I live in a free country. I've got all the licenses, registrations, and permits to prove it!" :huh
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    Find a national forest, they usually have gun ranges that are free if you can tolerate the weirdos and people who probably aren't smart enough to own a gun.
    The chazz range is only $12 a day for non members. I know its not the same but is pretty close to you.
    Are you speaking of the Hernando Sporting club.
    If so they told me $15
    Griff
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,290 Admiral
    Griffin wrote: »
    If so they told me $15
    Griff
    Don't know what their prices are now but it's a good range.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    If so they told me $15
    Griff

About what a box of .22's cost anymore :banghead
    "You'll get your weather"
  • davidk5316davidk5316 Posts: 417 Officer
    You can find 22s??? Where??? The last box of 500 i saw was at a gun show and they wanted like $100 for them.
    davidk5316 wrote: »
    You can find 22s??? Where??? The last box of 500 i saw was at a gun show and they wanted like $100 for them.
    If you can find what day you local walmart recieves their ammo shipment(if they will tell you) and you get there by 06:30 and beat the pawn shop wolves you can get 550 round bucket for 23.95 or cci mini mag 100 round for $ 7.49 or when they have them a 50 round box of Blazer for $2.50 or **** sporting goods(Call before you go) and be there around 08:00
    a 550 round is $25-30 depending on the make.
    I hear you on the gun shows. I don't think I'm going to waste any more money going to a gun show.
    With the prices at those shows you might as well go to the pawn shop.
    I personally think like all things this gun ammo bubble is going to burst and I hope all those hustlers get caught with a lot of high priced ammo and guns.
    I just refuse to pay those prices.
    Griff
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    I personally think like all things this gun ammo bubble is going to burst and I hope all those hustlers get caught with a lot of high priced ammo and guns.
    I just refuse to pay those prices.
    Griff

This ^^
    "You'll get your weather"