Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Livewell Pump

Ok so I have a new pump that works when I touch the wires directly to the battery. When I hook it into the toggle switch it will not work. My power to the toggle is direct to the battery. I've tried 4 different toggle switches. Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing my problem?
That matrix moment when the hook set misses and you avoid the treble flying at your face

Replies

• Ketch-upKetch-up Posts: 305 Officer
    Try touching the wires to the positive side of the switch. Have you got a good ground on the negative side of the pump? Only things I can think of right now.
  • cbuckholtscbuckholts Posts: 91 Deckhand
    I just fixed it actually. I went with a toggle with only two terminals. I just hooked the pump negative to the battery and the live wire and the positive from the pump to the toggle. Works like a champ. I have no idea why it took me so long to think of that. I'll run it like that until I get ready to put a timer in. Thanks for the input
    That matrix moment when the hook set misses and you avoid the treble flying at your face
  • JgebbJgebb Posts: 137 Deckhand
    MIne does the same thing. Didn't think about the ground. Is the livewell ground usually separate? I have 2 smaller ground wires that connect to my battery separate from the big main ground. Probably one of those?