Custom Made Boat Seat Cushions

Looking for a company to re do my cushions on my boat. I have a cooler on the CC thats got a cushion and a back cushion also a cushion on the back bench seat.

I have called L&M AUTO TRIM and got a price to me it just seems a little high for some plain jane cushions. I know they do decent work just trying to get a few more quotes.

Thanks

Replies

• Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 371 Deckhand
    How trashed are your old cushions? How about the foam? How are you with a sewing machine? Do you have one, or access to one?

If you're just recovering them, carefully removing the old coverings if they're in ok shape and just starting to split you can take them apart and use them for patterns. The new Jo anne's on Archer has UV resistant fabrics in stock now. If you're not sure about it go by Wal Mart and grab some of the cheapest clearance fabric you can find and make a few practice runs. It's actually easier than most people think it is. We've used that method for car seats over the years, a little practice, and patience goes a long way.

Good luck with it!
  • zmgsvtzmgsvt Posts: 302 Deckhand
    I can give you a guys number that does top notch work pretty cheap but he's in White Springs. Lmk
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,787 Captain
    I need someone in the G'ville area also. I'd like to buy the foam and fabric myself so I don't get garbage or stuck with left over stuff that's been sitting on the shelf for 10yrs.
  • Red612Red612 Posts: 284 Deckhand
    Little Gene appreciate the info but no sewing machine handy.

Looking for somone around G-Ville Newberry,Chiefland,Fanning Springs Trenton, area. Dont mind to travel a little but not to far.
  • APEAPE Posts: 973 Officer
    There's a lady in Chiefland that does the cushions for Coarsey's boats and I think that there is someone in Old Town that does the cushions for the fiberglass pontoon boats that they make? I don't have the numbers for either one but I figured it was worth mentioning.
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Red612 wrote: »
    Little Gene appreciate the info but no sewing machine handy.

Looking for somone around G-Ville Newberry,Chiefland,Fanning Springs Trenton, area. Dont mind to travel a little but not to far.

No worries man, it was just a suggestion. Isn't there an upholstery shop out there in Waccassa that's been there forever? Little cement block building on the south side of Newberry Rd, east of Paw Paws, west of the Hitching post? Checked with them?
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Yea, how about the Ocala area. Mine is due for new...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • MagnafluxMagnaflux Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Try Randy in Ocala. This guy does a jam up job and has been doing this for many years. Close to I75 too. 352-572-9636
  • luiegluieg Posts: 54 Deckhand
    Capt T's Custom Upholstery

Captain T's in Ocala is where we send our customers for marine upholstery. Great workmanship and works with canvas for covers, T-tops and so on.

5030 S Pine Ave
    Ocala, FL 34480

(352) 369-1810
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,412 Admiral
    I had my seat and leaning post recushioned and covered 3 years ago and can fully recommend:

Marine Metals Custom Components Inc.
    419 SE 6th Street
    Williston, FL. 32696
    (352) 528-0778
    http://www.boattop.net/index_net.html
  • FELLOW-SHIPFELLOW-SHIP Posts: 213 Deckhand
    You can try Craig's list /marine services/ upholstery. I looked in the Tampa area and found a few that looked pretty good.

FellowShip