Cedar Key Trout fishing

RiverlifeRiverlife North FloridaPosts: 80 Greenhorn
Hi to All!
Looking to come over from Jax next month, just wanting to get a report ipossible on how the fishing has been in and around the islands close in? Any help is appreciated, look to have some friends down from Minnisota, want to show them a good time and get on some fish, hopefully.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,123 AG
    Been some recent reports, check those out. Water temps were getting right, but we just had a cool snap move in. Guides have been doing pretty well on Reds and Trout in the area. I believe up around North Key the water is more stained due to Suwannee run off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • GatoRellaGatoRella Posts: 521 Officer
    I don't really target trout, but we have had luck on the flats a couple miles east of Snake Key in the past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaptCrabsCaptCrabs Posts: 60 Greenhorn
    :Agree most of the grass flats will be producing by April. We also found some larger specks while targeting reds around the bars. They seemed to like jigs and dines around the bars and I usually throw top water on the flats.
  • Gator4LifeGator4Life Gainesville,FlPosts: 561 Officer
    Here is a guide in Cedar Key. He's not going to give out his fishing spots but you can check in to his page and find out what they are catching and what he is catching them with.

https://www.facebook.com/FishCedarKey
    Grasshopper
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,895 Captain
    Search grass flats and oyster/sand bars and you'll find them. I don't think the lure you use much matters when they're in the mood to chew.