hot snook bite in Dania

I have the good fortune to live in dania beach and with john lloyd park about 5 min away I always find myself there chasing the snook, these past 2 weeks the snook bite has been pretty good, the other day I was agonizingly close to a slot as one afternoon while tossing a yo-zuri a 27 inch snook inhaled my lure and had it landed moments later.

after measuring it I thought I had it but she was released to fight again (and hopefully grow an inch bigger for next time :grin) then this past Wed I went back again after getting out of class and once again it produced, caught lots of snook but sadly they were all underslot, nonetheless I had a great time and the snook are biting which makes me very happy, hopefully I get that slot soon :grin
There's no such thing as too much bait!

Replies

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,493 Captain
    Dania Beach is in my list :grin.
    Nice catches, congrats.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    They are stealing our freedom. Boycott political correctness.
  • Catch 22Catch 22 Posts: 1,526 Officer
    Good job,

I know that area pretty good.
    I have never purchased fish at the market or restaurant and I never will.
  • closcabcloscab Posts: 122 Officer
    Good job! Anyone on here know if they are biting in Oleta Creek area?
  • katwoman85katwoman85 Posts: 491 Officer
    I have the good fortune to live in dania beach and with john lloyd park about 5 min away I always find myself there chasing the snook, these past 2 weeks the snook bite has been pretty good, the other day I was agonizingly close to a slot as one afternoon while tossing a yo-zuri a 27 inch snook inhaled my lure and had it landed moments later.

after measuring it I thought I had it but she was released to fight again (and hopefully grow an inch bigger for next time :grin) then this past Wed I went back again after getting out of class and once again it produced, caught lots of snook but sadly they were all underslot, nonetheless I had a great time and the snook are biting which makes me very happy, hopefully I get that slot soon :grin

I guess I need to go to John U Lloyd to fish for snook instead of the Dania Cutoff Canal. Nice snook.
  • remel1993remel1993 Posts: 507 Officer
    What time of the day is best for snook? What part of the tide?
    If I dont answer my phone call, either Im fishing or riding my motorcycle. -Salty Bike Life
  • Steve_raleighSteve_raleigh Posts: 174 Deckhand
    Good report where you fishing the surf if so it dosent get more
    Fun then that
  • HKNHKN Posts: 45 Deckhand
    nice....
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    Looks like you could have pinched the tail and made that one legal.:shrug
  • katwoman85katwoman85 Posts: 491 Officer
    How late is that park open? What is the fee to get in there?
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    I lived right there in Hollywood from '86 to '12 and fished those beaches regularly. Nice to hear the small males are all around...good for the fishery. @katwoman85, when I was there the park opened at 8am and closed at sundown. You can buy a pass to fish the jetty at night, but only the jetty area, not the rest of the park. I believe it used to be $4 for a single to enter. Hope that helps. I always said you can throw any artificial you want on the beach there....as long as it's white. Good luck on getting your slot fish, Peacock. If you see old Larry The Fly Guy out there on your morning excursions, tell him Dan Tobias said hello.