A Forum member mayabe?

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,341 Moderator
    I've seen it on the Hobie kayak angler group on Facebook, but doubt its one of us.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Adam rules. Local Boynton dude. Not on the forum. Pure metal.
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
  • 1OzLead1OzLead Posts: 352 Officer
    There were a good amount of Hammerheads out this weekend. I'm not surprised as there were so many large runners and snack size bonitos to wade through to get to the blackfin tuna. My buddy called me and said they took a ride from Boynton Inlet to LW...

It's good they are promoting the sport... just hope it does not create a group of thrill seekers who seek the same without the equivalent amount of experience.
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    SkunkLife wrote: »
    Adam rules. Local Boynton dude. Not on the forum. Pure metal.

Lmao......PURE METAL! :Rockon
  • Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Deckhand
    4 kids caught a 14' Hammerhead on the beach in Boca over the weekend
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    don't want to be a 'hater' or sound negative, but some folks may not be aware there are a ton of sharks that are prohibited from 'landing'. (this includes beaching for a photo--oops). you can 'catch and release', but landing is specifically a no-no.

this is the list….(notice the great hammerhead, and scalloped hammerhead are on it)

Atlantic angel (Squatina dumeril)
    Basking (Cetorhinus maximus)
    Bigeye sand tiger (Odontaspis noronhai)
    Bigeye sixgill (Hexanchus nakamurai)
    Bigeye thresher (Alopias vulpinus)
    Bignose (Carcharhinus altimus)
    Caribbean reef (Carcharhinus perezii)
    Dusky (Carcharhinus obscurus)
    Galapagos (Carcharhinus galapagensis)
    Great hammerhead (Sphyrna mokarran)
    Lemon shark (Negaprion brevirostris)
    Longfin mako (Isurus paucus)
    Narrowtooth (Carcharhinus brachyurus)
    Night (Carcharhinus signatus)
    Sandbar (Carcharhinus plumbeus)
    Sand tiger (Odontaspis taurus)
    Scalloped hammerhead (Sphryna lewini)
    Sevengill (Heptranchias perlo)
    Silky (Carcharhinus falciformis)
    Sixgill shark (Hexanchus griseus)
    Smalltail (Carcharhinus porosus)
    Smooth hammerhead (Sphyrna zygaena)
    Tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)
    Whale (Rhincodon typus)
    White (Carcharodon carcharias)

there are federally protected sharks as well. my only point is, know your sharks and your regs to stay out of trouble.

cheers
    drew
    Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.
  • summer dazesummer daze Posts: 883 Officer
    uno--mas wrote: »
    don't want to be a 'hater' or sound negative, but some folks may not be aware there are a ton of sharks that are prohibited from 'landing'. (this includes beaching for a photo--oops). you can 'catch and release', but landing is specifically a no-no.

cheers
    drew

I was wondering this also when I seen the footage on the news. The hammerhead was being pulled by the tail with an eye being buried in the sand and then it looked like sand was in its gills when it was laying flat on it's belly. I don't shark fish from the beach so my knowledge is limited on the subject but it doesn't seem beneficial for the shark.
    jgocnk.jpg
    Tight Lines..