Big Bend charter question

Howdy everyone!
'
Myself and some friends all have caught the fishing bug hard and are thinking about doing an offshore charter trip soon.

If we (4-6 people) were to charter a 12-hour offshore trip out of somewhere in the Big Bend region in the first week of May, what would be biting? I figure grouper and snapper, etc but what else is out there?

Also, if you have suggestions on a Captain who charters a trip like I am looking for, please let me know.

Thanks!
sp00n

Replies

• Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,285 Admiral
    Everything is biting in May.
    23895.gif
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,449 Captain
    Not too many guides do offshore charters out of the Big Bend anymore. But one guy who will do a 12 hr trip is Zach Hoffman out of Homosassa.

http://homosassaoffshorecharters.com/
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Not too many guides do offshore charters out of the Big Bend anymore. But one guy who will do a 12 hr trip is Zach Hoffman out of Homosassa.

http://homosassaoffshorecharters.com/

X2 for Zack. Him and Captain Clay Shidler have the offshore thing dialed in.
  • Top ContenderTop Contender Posts: 598 Officer
    Look up Island Lure Fishing Adventures, these guys will put you on the fish of a lifetime on a 12 hour charter. They are down south a bit in St. Pete, but you will not be disappointed!

http://www.islandlure.com/
  • GatoRellaGatoRella Posts: 521 Officer
    If you want to catch grouper, Cpt. Phil Muldrow out of CK. Dude kills them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bigbenderbigbender Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    If you want to venture a bit more north reelsmokercharters.com captain Blake knows where to go and how to catch em

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
  • BD27BD27 Posts: 1,179 Officer
    Big Bend is a Big Area , where are you looking at going. If you're near Cedar Key I highly recommend Capt. GT on Grouper Therapy . I fished with him , he's real good. That's if he is still in business ?? If anyone knows if he's still in business , I'd like to know
  • spearjunkyspearjunky Posts: 184 Deckhand
    capt, phil is the best around ck
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,285 Admiral
    Is Fishing Fireman still running charters on that big boat?
    23895.gif
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 623 Officer
    If you are willing to go out of Steinhatchee try Capt Brian at Big Bend Charters out of
    SeaHag marina. Great guy - we always have fun with him. http://www.bigbendcharters.com
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,926 Captain
    BD27 wrote: »
    Big Bend is a Big Area , where are you looking at going. If you're near Cedar Key I highly recommend Capt. GT on Grouper Therapy . I fished with him , he's real good. That's if he is still in business ?? If anyone knows if he's still in business , I'd like to know

I saw Grouper Therapy at the ramp in CK not long ago so I imagine he's still running.
  • OneMoreYearOneMoreYear Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    I went out twice with Capt. GT a couple years ago. We did ok but didn't kill it by any means. A couple gags a ton of short reds. He and his son are super nice guys. He is definitely willing to work very hard to find fish--We stayed out all day and covered a lot of ground. I think he was cheaper than some of the other guys out of Cedar Key.
  • dragonfishdragonfish Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    another vote for Clay Shidler out of Crystal River. "Hang Em High Sportfishing"
  • KahunaKahuna Posts: 171 Officer
    I went out with Capt Zach, he put me on exactly what I wanted. I asked to catch an Amber Jack and some red grouper a few years ago and I got that plus a lot more. He cleaned all the fish, taught me a lot about bait, and even gave me some numbers for fishing on my own.. I thought it was well worth the money and appreciated the extra attention. I would highly recommend giving him a call.