Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Remembered the Camera, But no Fish

Well, went out again and hit the flats and creeks along A1A just to kill time and get out on the water.

Nothing was hitting, saw small fish jumping out of the water around the oyster beds and weeds, no idea what they are. Fished fresh dead shrimp, and few lures. Just to windy to do much else.

But, still had a blast, I mean between staying home and watching TV or looking at something like this,

0325141610_zps5a517937.jpg

I'd honestly choose looking at the rod even if nothing is biting.

Even though no fish were biting it was far from boring, at least when my Australian Shepherd Waldo is around. Were to start.

Ok, got out and got the gear mainly set up, tie Waldo up to a long piece of rope and attach one end to the harness other to the car. So, after he is secure I go take my PVC pipe and start to twist it into the ground. He walks up and lifts his leg. The real funny part is he really helped the ground around the pipe tighten up and allowed a good grounding so the pipe was solidly in the ground.

As I am casting away he goes off into the surf and starts to chase after the crabs and what I think are baitfish in the shallows. Real interesting thing is when he see's a good sized crab he will go and try and dig the thing up. Couldn't really get any of the funny shots since they were very much random and usually when I had my rod in my hands. But got a couple good shots of him being himself.

0325141540_zpse467207f.jpg

Wald reacting to the jumping fish about. He was NOT happy about those fish, whined a lot when he did notice them

0325141542a_zpsb4a0f113.jpg

Double duty: Watching the pole and searching for crabs.

0325141541a_zpsb2aa9f9e.jpg

Him just chilling at my feet.

Replies

• samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Captain
    At least it wasn't a day spent on the couch, much better chance of catching something with a line in the water..... A cast net will get you some of those bait fish jumping around and that is excellent bait!
  • CoydogCoydog Posts: 418 Deckhand
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    At least it wasn't a day spent on the couch, much better chance of catching something with a line in the water..... A cast net will get you some of those bait fish jumping around and that is excellent bait!

That's what I am planning on getting next. Cast net and a crab trap. Trap for possible bait as well as crab to eat. I love stuffed fish with a crab stuffing. Little Tarragon Sauce and lemon to bring it all together.

The weekend is supposed to be good for fishing so gonna head out.
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Captain
    Good luck... It will be about two weeks until I can make it home to do some fishing myself...
  • CoydogCoydog Posts: 418 Deckhand
    samsiam74 wrote: »
    Good luck... It will be about two weeks until I can make it home to do some fishing myself...

Ooh, good. I spent some of the money I put aside to go out with you for gas and replace my rod. Picked up a Calico Jack 7'6" and just love it. Feels good in the hands, great sensitivity and can cast it pretty well. Really need to get back into the groove, used to be very accurate in my casting, even at longer distances.
  • 15whaler15whaler Posts: 183 Officer
    Looks like a great day regardless
    Eric S. Vaughn
    Mandarin FL Native

17 Sea Boss CC
    90 Mercury FourStroke EFI