jcanracer wrote: »
- Fishing license, in case FWC harasses you (don't argue, just buy it and keep it in a zip-lock bag in the kayak tackle box)
- If launching in the dark/predawn a Light is not only a good idea, its required by law.
- The recent thread on first aid kits should remind you to make one for yourself.
- Paddle Leash, and rod leashes. Remember, when (not if) you roll your kayak, if its not tied to you or the boat, its as good as gone.
- If you're inshore, a landing net is useful. If you're offshore, a gaff is more suitable.
- A pair of pliers is essential (dehooking, rigging lines/leaders)
- a knife is useful too
I'm sure others will chime in.
timmcollins wrote: »
Welcome to the sickness, and congratulations to your new hobby that will ultimately shift your priorities in the wrong order :cool: