Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Fantastic stud sheepshead bite going on!

This weekend I got to go with the family for a few hours! We struggled for a bit trying to find reds on the high tide, but soon my good nieghbor Rod called us into the bite... the sheeps were chewing good out in the main river, and he even offered us some bait! Sure enough, we met up and borrowed some fids from him and a few minutes later Tasha had landed the biggest sheep thats graced my boat in years!
IMG_20140320_164050_zps4t71eruf.jpg

They chewed good for the next couple hours, and we managed to keep Trinity entertained through a few fish. All of them over 7lbs, with Tashas 9.2 as the best! Look at these stud fish!
20140320_160157_zpsl630674h.jpg

Rod has been tearing the big ones up, with 16 fish over 7lbs in two quick trips.

I also went on beach recon, but even with the temp now at 62, its a barren waste land. This has been an incredibly cold winter, and Im sure im not the only one growing crazy waiting on warmer water.

Ill post up a few more pics when I get a minute, but wanted yall to know about the sheep bite... they have been inhaling fiddlers at all the main spots, and mostly all bigger fish!
Tony Eden-
Certified, licsensed and insured, Marine Electronics and rigging master, and "Dream boat" build winner with 20 years of professional experience.
Boattronics.net
Over 80 seperate, recent reviews from captains on this forum-
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?5295-Recent-Boattronics-reviews!
Please call with any questions or a free estimate for the lowest price/best work available!
904-545-1270

Replies