Home Egret Boats

May Keys Egret Fishing

Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
Every year a few of us do May in the lower Keys. I booked May 8-11th to arrive a little before the worm hatch hopefully.
Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas

Replies

• Last-CastLast-Cast Posts: 220 Deckhand
    Around Parmers?
    Egret 189
    Maverick 17T sold
  • mtd885mtd885 Posts: 1,159 Officer
    We are thinking of having a little get together at our place on Cudjoe if the meet happens this year. Once we get the dates set we will see what we can put together. The 16-18 looks good for the hatch.
  • Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 949 Officer
    Based on the timing of the larger outgoing tides and moon phases, I think the worms likely to go off during the 16th - 21st. There are some larger tides around the full moon on the 14th but the low tide is about 4 pm so I am not liking that. Sunset isn't until about 8 pm. The outgoing later in the day seems to have been the ticket before. I think the first week is too early. I have caught it the last two years in the 2nd half of the month and I think that is typical or in early June.
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Last-Cast wrote: »
    Around Parmers?

Yes. Parmers.
    Based on the timing of the larger outgoing tides and moon phases, I think the worms likely to go off during the 16th - 21st. There are some larger tides around the full moon on the 14th but the low tide is about 4 pm so I am not liking that. Sunset isn't until about 8 pm. The outgoing later in the day seems to have been the ticket before. I think the first week is too early. I have caught it the last two years in the 2nd half of the month and I think that is typical or in early June.

You may be right. Every year we go and the Tarpon are laid up acting weird during the day not eating because they are waiting for the worms at night. If you are right then the Tarpon fishing will be better in general during the day. I actually look forward to throwing a fly at them when they are not waiting for a worm at night. If you are wrong then we will get them at the Bahia Honda bridge at night.Its hit and miss out of the past 6 years we only hit it twice.
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    You may be right. Every year we go and the Tarpon are laid up acting weird during the day not eating because they are waiting for the worms at night. If you are right then the Tarpon fishing will be better in general during the day. I actually look forward to throwing a fly at them when they are not waiting for a worm at night. If you are wrong then we will get them at the Bahia Honda bridge at night.Its hit and miss out of the past 6 years we only hit it twice.

Geez Frank, not a good time to sell your boat! I’d hate to have you ride with me BEHIND Glenn…LMAO
    mtd885 wrote: »
    Geez Frank, not a good time to sell your boat! I’d hate to have you ride with me BEHIND Glenn…LMAO

LOL. I will have a boat. I do not need to sell my boat to get another one. 4 weeks and my new one is done. In the mold next week.Details withheld for the time being but have no worry. My rooms are booked and a friend of mine has booked a room also at Parmers with his boat.Hopefully I see some of you.
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    LOL. I will have a boat. I do not need to sell my boat to get another one. 4 weeks and my new one is done. In the mold next week.Details withheld for the time being but have no worry. My rooms are booked and a friend of mine has booked a room also at Parmers with his boat.Hopefully I see some of you.

Are you bringing Bob Chew?
  • Pc BonemanPc Boneman Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Hello Everyone

I'm interested --- This is Pat Cervone original owner #27 -- 16'7 Egret ---
    Pc Boneman wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

Over the past 8 years or so, there have been 5 to 10 Egrets headed to the lower keys around the middle of May. Renegade Frank is headed down earlier this year to hopefully avoid the worm hatch lock jaw but I think most prefer to try to catch the hatch. I know there are a few of us who run the Marquesas every year once or twice. I know I'll be making the run anyway. The exact dates haven't been determined yet but most likely sometime in the second half of May and then it's a function of the weather and the best day to run. I'll probably get down there between the 10th and 15th and I'll be down there for about 6 weeks. It used to be a more organized plan with a meeting and dinner but after several years of planning it and trying to coordinate it in the midst of the last minute bail outs etc. etc. it became too chaotic. Now it's just a who ever shows up gets together kind of arrangement and if the trips can be coordinated with blog posts all the better.
    Pc Boneman wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

Pat. You are welcome to come. Glen usually hosts the event. He is right. The coordination has been poor but its allot of fun. If you book or any one else PM me your cell number. I will call Glen once we get a count and he usually runs it.
    Are you bringing Bob Chew?

I just talked to Bob and gave him the dates. He is going to call Andy(Tarpon King) and make sure it works for him.Bob also wanted to avoid the lockjaw if possible. I am bringing another friend no one knows here.
    I just talked to Bob and gave him the dates. He is going to call Andy(Tarpon King) and make sure it works for him.Bob also wanted to avoid the lockjaw if possible. I am bringing another friend no one knows here.

Well Geez Frank, thanks for the heads up…LMAO! If he/she is a friend of yours they will be scrutinized heavily…:blowkiss
  • rbtbryanrbtbryan Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I will be going down again this year, but most likely between the 16th of May and month's end. Maybe some of you will still be in the neighborhood at that point.
    rbtbryan wrote: »
    I will be going down again this year, but most likely between the 16th of May and month's end. Maybe some of you will still be in the neighborhood at that point.

Thanks for the Warning Bryan! Cya then
  • Pc BonemanPc Boneman Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Pat. You are welcome to come. Glen usually hosts the event. He is right. The coordination has been poor but its allot of fun. If you book or any one else PM me your cell number. I will call Glen once we get a count and he usually runs it.

Thanks I know forward to it ...
  • crushabugcrushabug Posts: 18 Deckhand
    I will be coming down on the 18th of May and staying the 19th and 20th fishing all three days with my son and friend. We will be fishing each day in the Cudjoe area. Looking for cheap accommodations if any ideas? Wouldn't mind hooking up with other Egret owners at that time.
    crushabug wrote: »
    I will be coming down on the 18th of May and staying the 19th and 20th fishing all three days with my son and friend. We will be fishing each day in the Cudjoe area. Looking for cheap accommodations if any ideas? Wouldn't mind hooking up with other Egret owners at that time.

I have a 3/2 on Cudjoe that will be available. Call me if you want to discuss.
  • crushabugcrushabug Posts: 18 Deckhand
    I will definitely look you up in future trip with family. I booked right after posting at dolphin marina. It is right where I want to be.

When you going to show your Moccasin build pics?
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,390 Officer
    When you going to show your Moccasin build pics?

Frank has jumped ship that's all i'll say!
    So i'll let him spill the beans!
    :Sinking
    FlatsBoy wrote: »

I own an Egret 2011.
    I own an Egret 2011.
    :funnypost

Does this means we cannot be friends with Frank any more?:kick
    Gee, I already invited him over for coffee. I guess when he comes over I will have to fake it:wink
    Wait a minute!!! We still have to be friends cause he still has the 2011, which he can park at my dock if his yard gets too crowded!
    Is it true that you are staying at Glenn’s place Phil?
    Does this means we cannot be friends with Frank any more?:kick
    Gee, I already invited him over for coffee. I guess when he comes over I will have to fake it:wink
    Wait a minute!!! We still have to be friends cause he still has the 2011, which he can park at my dock if his yard gets too crowded!
    Is it true that you are staying at Glenn’s place Phil?
    :funnypost:funnypost:funnypost
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer

We all know Frank has good taste. So I'm sure he got a very nice new boat. It's not like we are going to disown him. Hey once your family your family, PERIOD!

I think he got one of those new shiny, you know they're pretty, go fast, sexy lines....yea! it's a TRADERBOAT! :huh

Congrats on the new ride. I hope your feet don't get wet in that thing.:grin

Tight Lines... Pete

Tight Lines... Pete

His feet may get a little wet but his ears will be happier without the slapping which I think was the latent reason for the move. It drives me crazy too sometimes but I'll take the dry ride over the quieter hull particularly since I find the slap does not affect the fish negatively at all after years of observation (despite the naysayers who insist otherwise). I'm headed to Chicago and Vegas for a couple of weeks and then to KW for most of May and June so who ever goes down there in mid May or June feel free to check in for reports.
    We all know Frank has good taste. So I'm sure he got a very nice new boat. It's not like we are going to disown him. Hey once your family your family, PERIOD!

I think he got one of those new shiny, you know they're pretty, go fast, sexy lines....yea! it's a TRADERBOAT! :huh

Tight Lines... Pete

Not much I can say after that. Epic post by Pete.
  • Atta BoyAtta Boy Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    Anyone still down south? Worm hatch go off yet? Will be making my way down in a few days.
    Atta Boy wrote: »
    Anyone still down south? Worm hatch go off yet? Will be making my way down in a few days.

went off 18/19