1720 questions

jparker428jparker428 Posts: 7 Greenhorn
I am considering purchasing a 2003 AC 1720. The boat will mainly be used in the St Marks area. Can I hear the positives and negatives on this hull? Planned use would be mostly 3 on the boat but only fishing 2. Is this boat large enough to fish 3? Also I would like to be able to run the boat to dog island on nice days, this is a 6 mile run through relatively open water. Am I being realistic in my expectations of accomplishing this? I apologize for all the questions, this will be my first boat and I want to make sure it meets my families needs.

Replies

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,872 Captain
    I fish 3 on mine from time to time. If we're out in the open trolling or something it's fine... but if we're all throwing at the same line of docks or mangroves it gets a little tight.
    IMO there's plenty of room for 3/4 people to sit comfortable.

As for the 6 mile run... it depends on how rough it is. The 1720 is a very dry riding boat so that's not much of a worry... but if you get into some 3'ers it's just not going to be a good day. Heck even 2's coming anything but straight at or behind you can be tough.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    The boat fishes three or four with ease. Two on the bow and two on the stern.