Home Paddle Craft and Accessories

WTB Hobie Revo

Looking to buy a Hobie Revo. Let me know price if anyone has one they are looking to unload.

Replies

• blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 595 Officer
    Bump someone's got to know someone with one for sale...
  • SkunkLifeSkunkLife Posts: 545 Officer
    Pm kitesfr I know he was looking at Outbacks recently. His revo is ****
    Lowbrow Sportsman - "Socially inept since 1985"
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    Revo 11 or Revo 13?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    13 my good sir
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,344 Moderator
    Good luck to you, I might trade up from the 11 to the 13 in a few months. Its a great kayak.
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
    Yup. It's gonna open up a lot of options for me
  • glenglen Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    Give a call or check out south river outfitters in Stuart I picked up a 2013 13 revo today
  • inshorefiremaninshorefireman Posts: 152 Officer
    South river outfitters list one for sale on their Facebook page, check that out.
  • Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Deckhand
    South river outfitters are great to deal with
    I take it you bought the blue one huh. Nice buy..
    Yeah I bought the blue one.. Thanks
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I have both a Revo 13 & OB & you can't stand up (or even really lean over) in a Revo... just sayin'... (& there's not any appreciable difference in speed)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    I have both a Revo 13 & OB & you can't stand up (or even really lean over) in a Revo... just sayin'... (& there's not any appreciable difference in speed)

I don't really agree with not being able to stand up in the revo I took mine out yesterday and sight fished all day didn't seem tippy to me. But I also paddle board if that has anything to do with it..
    glen wrote: »
    I don't really agree with not being able to stand up in the revo I took mine out yesterday and sight fished all day didn't seem tippy to me. But I also paddle board if that has anything to do with it..

Maybe I just have really crappy balance (& weigh >180lbs)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    Possibly I'm the same weight but regardless both the revo and outback are great choices.
    I just find my OB to be a lot more stable, but they're both great 'yaks... If I could only have 1 it would be an OB...
  • jriverajrivera Posts: 171 Deckhand
    The outback is deff more stable than the revo. The revo has a slimmer and slicker profile also lighter than the outback but also tippier since it's more narrow. Having owned both at one point they both have there pro's and cons. One thing I noticed with both is neither are great when trying to land back on the beach with small to moderate breakers. They track pretty bad once the rudder goes up and you grab a paddle on the way back in imho.
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Bump someone's got to know someone with one for sale...

I got a an olive 2010 13' Revo for sale. Unfortunately, we are on opposite ends of the state.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    SRO (South River Outfitters) has (2) 2013 Revo 13's (SpeedBump Yellow) in stock at last years price- $1899.

Ed had two used Revo 13's but the were gone in no time......
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 494 Deckhand
    jrivera wrote: »
    The outback is deff more stable than the revo. The revo has a slimmer and slicker profile also lighter than the outback but also tippier since it's more narrow. Having owned both at one point they both have there pro's and cons. One thing I noticed with both is neither are great when trying to land back on the beach with small to moderate breakers. They track pretty bad once the rudder goes up and you grab a paddle on the way back in imho.

Why do you pull up your rudder when you beach. I never do until I hit the sand especially when the surf is bad it is a lot easier to get boat straight with rudder rather then paddle. Rudder kicks up when you hit the beach. Done this in a PA and an outback and never had an issue.
  • hookset81hookset81 Posts: 118 Deckhand
    Android77 wrote: »
    Why do you pull up your rudder when you beach. I never do until I hit the sand especially when the surf is bad it is a lot easier to get boat straight with rudder rather then paddle. Rudder kicks up when you hit the beach. Done this in a PA and an outback and never had an issue.

You pull the rudder to it doesn't break! I broke mine last year returning in some rough surf, the cable was still latched and didn't have time to pull it...the plastic pin broke and luckily had another to replace. I pulled up to the sand and a wave from behind pushed me further up on the beach and the rudder had nowhere to go, hence breaking on the pin.
    Owner/Operator of www.ReelsAndTackle.com :banana A family owned small business.
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 494 Deckhand
    I would rather break an occasional pin that costs like 3 dollars and there's even a convinent place to keep one on the Hobie than risk flipping once only broke one in 3 years and never flipped coming to the beach. It's a no brainier for me. Flipped once walking kayak down beach in a 2 to 3 foot surf when my mirage drive brke and I couldn't keep it of the beach. Walked a half mile down the beach and flipped 100 yds from takeout it really sucked.
  • jriverajrivera Posts: 171 Deckhand
    Maybe you feel comfortable with going in with a rudder but I personally know a few that have done so and snapped the back of there rudder along with all the cables and pins that hold it in place, not to mention that the only time I tried to land with my rudder down I nearly pearled hard because the rudder control did not stay in the straight position that I had left in and my revo started to shift sideways as I made my landing. Hobie's are great yaks but are not the best at landing in surf imho.