polk county gobblin??

karlykkarlyk Posts: 40 Deckhand
anyone heard any gobbling yet? scouted a little yesterday, saw a wad of 12 hens in one field and 3 8+ inch toms in a grove. anyone seeing them broke up yet? hoping they get down to business by the 15th. thanks KK

Replies

• flhawghuntrflhawghuntr Posts: 108 Deckhand
    They are getting down to business here in the central region for a couple weeks. Been seeing themstruttin with their hens for awhile now.
    " Better being thirty minutes early than five minutes late "
  • drgibbydrgibby Posts: 1,224 Officer
    It`s already going on in Hernando Co. Youth weekend should be on fire.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,235 Captain
    Don't worry they will be ready for you.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • karlykkarlyk Posts: 40 Deckhand
    thanks for the info,, think we might go sunday morning and do a little listening see whats going on.
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,476 Admiral
    Last friday I heard a couple gobbles well past dawn
    Sunday morning it was crazy gobblin in the a.m. just at dawn

Then about 9 Sunday morning:
    (this is Polk County)
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?146053-This-past-weekend
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
  • slayer 52slayer 52 Posts: 179 Deckhand
    I watched two toms strutting on about 15 hens all morning last weekend in brevard
    thanks for the input fellas.. will update on monday if we hear or see any action. come on 15th!!!!
    well didnt make down to scout. will be next weekend. anybody else get out?? thanks
  • hoggatorhoggator Posts: 316 Deckhand
    karlyk wrote: »
    well didnt make down to scout. will be next weekend. anybody else get out?? thanks

Weekend of Feb 22, I watched two toms circling tight on 7 hens. They were rounding them up against each other and would'nt let them leave. One hen finally flew to a low branch. The gobbler flew up there knocked her down and chased har back into the pile of hens. They were all very loud for about an hour that morning. Following AM I heard a gobbler 4 times, once shock gobbling to a crow right at day break. Good luck!
    thanks hoggator... cant wait till the 15th. thanks
    well we made it out Sunday,, they are getting tuned up .. should be on fire by next weekend. seen 3 toms with 1 hen,, gobblin every time she yelped. wish my son was still 15 could have been fun. come on 15th. thanks