Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

3 days - Fri/Sat/Sun - Wade 2 - Boat 1

Friday afternoon took a few hours off of work. Decided to wade an area in Bradenton that the wind would be to my advantage. Slipped in around 130, with a high around 430, I was looking for reds. And reds I found. Ended up going 4 for 6 on reds up to the same sized below. All fish ate Golden Bream Lil Johns on Cottee Jig heads. Fish were up shallow cruising the shoreline... Prob 2 foot.

Saturday afternoon, same sort of tide. So I hit the same area looking for reds. The reds I did not find, but I found snook. First snook slurped a modified black spoon (little bit of gold flake thrown on), and the other 3 landed hit Lil Johns in Golden Bream. No pics, as taking pics solo is hard to do when you are family jewels deep. So final tally was 1 trout and 4 snook, snook were from 24 to 28". Last fish was the biggest of day and used my legs as "cover" several times bumping them... Love wade fishing.

Sunday my buddy Fatsnook and I launched.... around the same time lol. Same plan. Look for reds up shallow. Cruddy tide day, but we knew we would find some reds. First stop, me tossing a modified black spoon, I had a chunky red follow me right to boat and turn away last second. Good sign. Reds around and hunting. Second stop yielded the fish below. Fish ate - lol - a Golden Bream Lil John. I lost one other one boatside around same size in this area as well. Next spot, Jeff hooks up, but fish decides that the Sebile tasted too good and wanted it - permantly, and broke him off in the oyster bar. Oh well. Its fishing. We finished the day out with back to back reds in a cove and than called it a day as the fog was getting thicker and thicker (was thick all day). Thanks again Mr. Jeff!

3 afternoons of fishing using my new CI4+ and I am happy with it thus far.

Replies