Saturday afternoon 2/22 - kayak

Went offshore in the kayak on Saturday. The plan was to load up on flounder and black sea bass. We had some flounder bites but just couldn't get them to stay hooked. We settled for some BSB. Caught all the usual suspects as well including a couple of large red fish. It was a nice afternoon.
Kept eight for fish tacos. All fish caught on buck tail jigs tipped with bonito or shrimp.
Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

Replies

• PCSBPCSB Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Looks like a fine day.
    Congrats.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,187 Officer
    Cool deal. Looks like you had a real nice day to go out. Too bad you didn't get any flounder. But, sounds like you made up for that with some other fine catches. How cold is the water right now?

Livin' the Dream !
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    59 - 60 degrees
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 758 Officer
    Nice work there, yea we were fishing in Destin on Saturday. Sure is sad we are throwing our red snapper back and a few hand picked head boats there are bring them over the rail and throwing them on the dock. btw the gulf is like a lake today.
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    stingwray wrote: »
    Nice work there, yea we were fishing in Destin on Saturday. Sure is sad we are throwing our red snapper back and a few hand picked head boats there are bring them over the rail and throwing them on the dock. btw the gulf is like a lake today.
    I would not fish with those thieves if they paid me to go with them!

How did yall do of Destin?

The beach was sure beautiful this evening. I'm sitting out on my porch swing and I can just barely hear the waves rolling in. I hate i had to work today.
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 758 Officer
    Red Fish wrote: »
    How did yall do of Destin?
    Well nearshore so-so as for the offshore bite it is on fire. Lots of big fish and they are hungry and chewin hard. Well got to get the little boat ready and go fishing this week. I made a commitment to do a TV shoot this weekend so got to go find 'em. "Gone Fishing"
    Sting AKA Capt. Ron
  • cslascrocslascro Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Nice haul! That's certainly something to do when the surf is flat.
    Angler for fun | Copywriter for hire
    www.RussChiodoWriting.com
    [email protected]
  • SlamaholicSlamaholic Posts: 389 Officer
    Nice trip!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quality Performance Apparel, Realistic Prices.
    www.ReloGear.Com