Home Angler On Foot

Wading Jenson Beach Indian River

Ol SargeOl Sarge Posts: 290 Deckhand
Hey Guys,
Im thinking of taking a trip to Jensen Beach to wading with my sons can anybody steer me in the right direction?
tips, Locations, baits would really appreciate it not to mention by boys will too.
I will also make this trip with my kayak in the near future
Thanks in advance
OL Sarge

Replies

• former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,492 Officer
    Head North of the power plant and just look for area (East side of River). Park, get out and have at it. Start with faster moving baits, maybe a Mirrodine jerkbait, and than slow down if nothing happens.. A DOA Shrimp WILL catch fish.

Check PM
  • poppausepoppause Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    let me know how you do ive gone up there a couple time recently first trip had over 30 smaller snook a tarpon and some redfish and trout and since its been nothing but jack everytime I go up there we fished closer to fort pierce on the east side of the river and then moved across the river to a little park that you could access from a1a and had decent success there with jacks and redfish I cant seem to find any trout and snook though lately good luck hope this helps somewhat
  • I think the west side of the river in better because of docks
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,492 Officer
    I think the East side of river is better because I just do lol. have not fished West side as much because wind was usuallly howling out of East