Best Kept Restaurant Secret in PC/PCB Area ???

13»

Replies

• alabamaoxalabamaox Posts: 51 Deckhand
    Hunts if I can stand the wait. House of Chan on 98. Used to love Billys on Thomas Dr but the last couple of times wasnt so great.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    had countless meals at original hunts location in everything from bloody t shirts to tails. Loved it there. Liked the other location and like it now. But I'm not going to stand in line for raw oysters or fried food when I have a functioning fryer and oyster knives at house.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,177 Admiral
    I remember when ole man Hunts was selling oysters for [email protected], and there was no line.
  • ericjeeperericjeeper Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Well seeing how we only visit PCB a few times a year. Our favorite eats are the Hook n Cook at J Micheal's. If you do not like the fish, it is because you carried in the wrong species. they will either fry it for you or grill it.. Their onion slaw is absolutely wonderful. We enjoy the very conservative atmosphere. We usually camp at the state park so it is an easy drive without the traffic hassle of going down the beach.
    We will be down there April 12-19th.
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Split Shot wrote: »
    I remember when ole man Hunts was selling oysters for [email protected], and there was no line.

And the business cards were about 3 inches thick on the walls!:grin
    And as his old shucker, Butch would say, "I know I'm the best oyster shucker in town, I have the scares on my hands to prove it!"
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • wmflyfisherwmflyfisher Posts: 253 Deckhand
    Not sure if anybody has mentioned this or not but I found a jewel the other day. The EZ-Way gas station (yes a gas station) on Thomas has been making Cuban and chicken salad sandwiches for a few years and their phenomenal. I stumbled across this while getting gas one evening. Walked in and noticed a large display cooler with seriously like 60-70 sandwiches in it. Thought to myself there's no way they sell that many sandwiches. I had to have one. It's honestly one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Found this online as well. Highly recommend it.

http://www.examiner.com/article/best-under-the-radar-place-to-eat-panama-city-beach
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    wheel house subs also has really good sandwhiches
    8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    I went back looking for this thread, and finally found it. Read it twice. These days I spend more time in MB than up in the ATL and I guess planning to make it permanent in the next year or so. Looks like I need to try Sue's on 390, the place in the Home Depot shopping center, already stop at Peppers from time to time, and.....****, Olle's sounds good, but that would be a timing thing since I'm not driving half way back to Dothan for dinner, but I sure like good German type food. Has anything else changed since this whole thing was first posted. For me at least, I WON'T cross that bridge to PCB unless someone gives me a real, real good reason. Also, I kinda' like a "meat and two" type places for lunch. I also, pass a sign on 23rd street for a place called Bonefish I think. Thoughts ?

tk
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    tk
    bang bang shrimp at bonefish killer and overall food pretty good. Don't get to PC much anymore as we live 300 miles away, but can't beat Salt Water grill early bird special food quality and price.
    The only place can eat Mexican anymore is a hole in the wall place called Maddie's La Casita downtown Harrison.

Thai food at the Thai Basil in St. Andrews'.

Sushi at Finns' has improved in my opinion.

The Place on Harrison has a great Rubin, good burgers sweet potato and zucchini fries.

Haven't found a decent pizza and my seafood and steaks are prepared at the house.
    "The Place" you speak of, is that N of Hwy. 98 or downtown?

tk
    tk's joy wrote: »
    "The Place" you speak of, is that N of Hwy. 98 or downtown?

tk
    Downtown near 4th St.
    Got it thanks ! Stopped at the one at the Home Depot shopping center today for lunch, My Best Friends Kitchen, it was good. Standard meat and two + tea for under ten bucks. I would go back but earlier, thought at first I was going to have to sit outside. Small and crowded, so they seem popular with some crowd nearby.

tk
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,028 Moderator
    My parents grabbed some food on 98 / tyndall parkway recently. Fried seafood type joint. They said otb was pretty darn good. Not sure what it was called. Some key word Google searches keep pulling up "Gary's" and that sounds familiar.

That's all I've got.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    Yeah Gary's Oyster Shack.
    Ok, add that to list ! Been by that place seems like a few hundred times !

tk
    Gary's (Gary Gibbons who use to own Gibbs Marine in Lynn Haven) is probably the best deal for seafood in town.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    New Italian Place on Middle Beach (in the old PCB Bonefish) is fast becoming 'The Place to Eat' in PCB... Chef Paul of Canopies/Firefly fame is the head chef = Dolce Italiano... Sort of 'Italian Fusion' & everyone LOVES it...
    Dat Cajun Place on Thomas Dr. is (still) good... We still do the AUCE Sushi @ Shan Kishi & Finn's on Thomas is still a great place to BYOB & grab a Blackened Shrimp Quesadilla
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    Will have to try it. Maybe in Sept. or October. I stay away from that side of the bridge this time of year.
    Will have to try it. Maybe in Sept. or October. I stay away from that side of the bridge this time of year.

X2.

This little research project has yielded more good places on this side of that bridge to try than I ever imagined. Don't need to go over to that place. Though, I might consider it in the Fall.

tk
    Still looking for that special pizza to no avail. We drove to Napoli's Sat for lunch and they were closed. :-(
    Went to Gary's on Hwy. 98 in Springfield. Very good. Had the Fried Oysters and rice. Definitely go again. They had fresh Grouper for the daily special, interesting Menu. Definitely go again.

tk
  • MuskiemanNCMuskiemanNC Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Where is Springfield?

Thanks
    Going east out of Panama City (not Panama City Beach) on hwy. 98 you go through Cedar Grove, then Springfield, Callaway, Parker and then Tyndall AFB. Gary's Oyster Shack is a blue building on the left side of the road going east. Did you ever decide where you're going to stay?

tk
    Had to go up to PC today so went to "The Place". Had their special, a Cuban, which was good along w/ a glass of wine. Would probably go again if in down town or near by.

tk
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    Split Shot wrote: »
    Still looking for that special pizza to no avail. We drove to Napoli's Sat for lunch and they were closed. :-(

Pizza by the sea is one of my favorites. I like the mean supreme. They have a couple locations along 30a.
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    Thanks RF! If I'm ever out in that direction I'll try it out.
  • MuskiemanNCMuskiemanNC Posts: 134 Deckhand
    tk's joy wrote: »
    Going east out of Panama City (not Panama City Beach) on hwy. 98 you go through Cedar Grove, then Springfield, Callaway, Parker and then Tyndall AFB. Gary's Oyster Shack is a blue building on the left side of the road going east. Did you ever decide where you're going to stay?

tk

No. But it will be either in PCB or Mexico Beach. My dad is still looking. He will have the final say because he is particular where he stays.
  • diverritediverrite Posts: 166 Deckhand
    I loved the Montego Bay in the curve until it got HOT, they had the best lunch, Mahi, new potatoes, red beans and rice, for a about $8.

The one down the beach is Ok but I hadn't been there in awhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Diverrite aboard "Step Into Liquid"