Best Kept Restaurant Secret in PC/PCB Area ???

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,146 Admiral
    mustang190 wrote: »
    just west of the Gold Nugget, next door to the tatto joint.

Sounds legit.
  • USCGFlyGuyUSCGFlyGuy Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Uncle Ernies is a good all around go to restaurant.
    Peppers is my favorite mexican by far, plus the beer is cheap and chips & Salsa are good
    Jasmine Thai on Thomas isnt too bad...
    Other than that it is slim pickins
  • jdubb247jdubb247 Posts: 60 Deckhand
    Roughstock's. In the Lynn Haven Winn Dixie plaza on HWY 77
  • jdubb247jdubb247 Posts: 60 Deckhand
    Oishi Thai. Front Beach Road near HWY 79.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    That's 2 Votes for Peppers... (I'll have to try it next time I cross that Evil Bridge)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    The Peppers in St. Joe is much better but that's 2 evil bridges away! :grin

Regardless for lunch you can plan on not eating for the rest of the day.

I liked Oshi back when it was in it's old location. Now it seems to be hit or miss, and Jasmine is a far cry from authentic Thai. More like Japanese.

I keep hearing good things about Uncle Ernie's. Just can't shake off the old days there.

Had takeout twice at Momma Goldberg's and the Rubin was good enough to order it the second time!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    If you want lunch try J Foleys on 23rd st. One of the best grouper sandwiches I have had in years(in a resturant) and only $13 with a large excellent salad and a tea. The grouper filet was way bigger than the bun too!
    I was very much surprised.
    2013 Pathfinder 22 TE , 150 Yamaha,
  • stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 744 Officer
    Not PC area but was in Destin last week. Had dinner at McGuires Irish Pub and Harbor Docks both were very good IMO.
  • tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    I like Uncle Earnie's also.

tk
  • 85okhai85okhai Posts: 246 Officer
    Split Shot wrote: »
    The Peppers in St. Joe is much better but that's 2 evil bridges away! :grin

Regardless for lunch you can plan on not eating for the rest of the day.

I liked Oshi back when it was in it's old location. Now it seems to be hit or miss, and Jasmine is a far cry from authentic Thai. More like Japanese.

I keep hearing good things about Uncle Ernie's. Just can't shake off the old days there.

Had takeout twice at Momma Goldberg's and the Rubin was good enough to order it the second time!
    momma goldbergs in awesome. Fatty's on thomas drive across the street from the navy base too, and if you follow them on FB they post the word of the day on wednesdays and go in and tell them and your meal is 50% off
    stingwray wrote: »
    Not PC area but was in Destin last week. Had dinner at McGuires Irish Pub and Harbor Docks both were very good IMO.
    i follow Harbor Docks on Instagram and the pictures of their food even look good
    8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg
  • PCSBPCSB Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Big Mammas is one of my favorites. They keep decisions to a minimum too.
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    stingwray wrote: »

It is hard to beat McGuires. That is a once a year place I take the wife. Close to my moms Irish cooking.
  • ollemarollemar Posts: 34 Deckhand
    well, you asked for secret. I challenge you to find my place. Name is Olle's Restaurant .
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    all the good places are long gone

Boondocks is good

Bayou Bills Crab House is good as well. I've eaten at the one in Santa Rosa Beach. I'm sure the PCB one is just as good.
  • Red FishRed Fish Posts: 1,163 Officer
    ollemar wrote: »
    well, you asked for secret. I challenge you to find my place. Name is Olle's Restaurant .

Is that the place down Hewitt road in Santa Rosa Beach?
    Genesis 27:3 - Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.
    think more north from PC. Google it .
    it's hidden alright.
    great things are always hard to come by :wink
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Somebody needs to post a Google Map... (or is this ollemar's house ???)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    30.609269, -85.385193

making new patch of Bratwurst as we speak
    That was going to be my next guess.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,726 Captain
    That's the restaurant at Compass Lake? Think the name used to be Baily's? They used to have a killer seafood buffet on Saturday night!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    thats it. Klinger you just won a free meal :)
    Thanks!! Next time we come down we'll give it a try! I used to fish the lake from time to time & was sad to learn the restaurant was closed. You need to somehow get the word to all the folks coming down to the beach from the Atlanta area, as it's really off the beaten path. Should be a good place to eat before you get to the madhouse of the beach. I liked the madhouse a lot more when I was in my teens & twenties, but now my goal is a quiet & relaxing fishing trip :fishing
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    make sure you mention who you are. I'll sneak out from kitchen to meet you.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Somebody needs to post a Google Map... (or is this ollemar's house ???)

I thought he was refering to his house as well.

Sounds to me like we need a FS party at Olle's one night!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,984 Moderator
    Klinger wrote: »
    Thanks!! Next time we come down we'll give it a try! I used to fish the lake from time to time & was sad to learn the restaurant was closed. You need to somehow get the word to all the folks coming down to the beach from the Atlanta area, as it's really off the beaten path. Should be a good place to eat before you get to the madhouse of the beach. I liked the madhouse a lot more when I was in my teens & twenties, but now my goal is a quiet & relaxing fishing trip :fishing

Quiet and relaxing, huh? Just like the first week of lobster season? ;-)

We're about to go battle boats in the pass for some sheepshead. Good news it's still low 40s... should keep some of the idiots off the water for a while.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    I am game for that. Hey olive, the food is great been there a couple of times. Great German food and plenty to take home a well. I am right around the corner. We may even stop in tonight if we can find the time.
    Dang spell checker thinks it is fixing my spelling. Olie to olive.
    Hey PH!! you do know I would skip the first week if lobster if it were just me! I really enjoy the last of August & first of September, but as you know, I just drive the boat, drink the beer, & cook the seafood! :willynilly

I'm good for the FS gathering there at Ollies! That might be a convenient location for everybody, as it's closer for everybody coming from the North & not that far from the beach :thumbsup