Home Fly Fishing

New videos

E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
Another windy day and finished my chores so I thought I'd share a two recent reds in video.

Yesterday
[video=youtube_share;Jj_XBWJ5i1U]

and two days prior

http://youtu.be/vkKXm97BRiU

Replies

• Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,918 Admin
    Great action! I assume that this was filmed in the Punta Gorda areas as the boat in the back ground was running on plane near the shoreline, something that we are not allowed to do in the EC due to the many manatee zones. I am spending a week in Captiva next month and look forward to catching some fish on fly. But first i need to get familar with your area. Any comments you can share about the local waters would be greatly appreciated :-)
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc
    Old Bahama Bay (Owner / Board of Directors) 

• SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 713 Officer
    Very nice, is that the South side of the Peace river, a little west of Fishermans village? I was at FV for a week in October, 2010. I fished all over, but there. It looks like what I could see on Google maps, just did not get there. I was catching Snook all over, all week. Jumped a couple of Tarpon also. I love it over there. Wife doesn't like it though, to far from the ****.
  • E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
    Near Pirate Harbor (Charlotte Harbor). When we were coming up to the bar to anchor, I swore I saw two laid up tarpon about 4' long move out of the shallow water back into the harbor. Should have been too cold. They could have been cobia, I guess, but they sure looked like tarpon. Very cool that you jumped some tarpon at this time of year.
  • E-typeE-type Posts: 246 Officer
    Great action! I assume that this was filmed in the Punta Gorda areas as the boat in the back ground was running on plane near the shoreline, something that we are not allowed to do in the EC due to the many manatee zones. I am spending a week in Captiva next month and look forward to catching some fish on fly. But first i need to get familar with your area. Any comments you can share about the local waters would be greatly appreciated :-)

Pine island sound is a great place to fish. I don't get down that far often unless it is for tarpon in summer. Don't know much aboout Captiva, but have heard good things about ding darling (Sanabel) lately. There is a place called tarpon cove that has been productive in the past and not far away. If you like to wade fish, just go to google earth and look for bars. Redfish will often hang out near the bars. The further away you get from. The rivers the clearer the water gets. Where I usually fish is a hike from Captiva. Wish I could be more help.
  • SUPER DSUPER D Posts: 713 Officer
    No it was October 2010, the river was full of Tarpon, big Tarpon. I watched them every day at dusk tearing up bait from the room, it was family time so I was back in the room drooling.