Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Reccos for wading? Tigertail?

I came down to your neck of the woods in the fall for a two day kayak trip in the park and really loved the area. You guys are lucky to live down there.

I've managed to arrange for another kayak trip into the park with a buddy of mine. We have a free day on the back end. I was wondering if folks had any reccos for some wading opportunities. I've fished some up in Sanibel/captiva and really like fishing the beaches on foot. I was checking out tigertail beach and it seems like a cool place to check out. Are there any other places in the general Naples to Choko area that would be cool to wade. Not looking for secret spots just some general guidance. Thanks, Sam alias Crevalle88

Replies

• FLTXhunterFLTXhunter Posts: 516 Officer
    If you are coming in the summer, there are wading opportunities right off the beaches. But, unfortunately, this is an area where as backwards as it sounds, you really need a boat or kayak to get to most good wadeable spots.
  • KittykillerKittykiller Posts: 114 Deckhand
    Any of the larger passes along the coast offer great shore fishing. There are several state parks located along the coast that have great access to beach fishing including Delnor Wiggins State Park, Lovers Key State Park, and lesser known passes like Clam Pass. Most of these areas are located in North Naples and Estero, beach fishing on Marco can be difficult. Some of the best fishing I have done on Marco came during rain storms in the summer. I will throw top water plugs in the lakes of the numerous golf courses that you can walk to from the roads. Because the lakes are all connected to the surrounding brackish waters you can catch juvenile tarpon and good sized snook regularly. Just look for rolling "poons" or culverts and hang on.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,883 Admiral
    Sam what Month are you coming down ?
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • AmirMettawaAmirMettawa Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    FLTXhunter wrote: »
    If you are coming in the summer, there are wading opportunities right off the beaches. But, unfortunately, this is an area where as backwards as it sounds, you really need a boat or kayak to get to most good wadeable spots.
    Just like FLTXhunter said, you can find a lot of snook on the beach during summer. The best time is usually toward the end of summer. The beach in Marco is good if you walk toward the two sets of rocks. Fish an xrap or cast net pilchards for the snook.
  • crevalle88crevalle88 Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Sam what Month are you coming down ?

I'm gonna be down next weekend......