Yankee know how on the homosassa 2/4/2014

i jumped at the chance to get some some quality fishing time in with a newer friend Rob Fensterer and a much admired friend Kyle Pazian Sr. AKA troutman57.
We had a slight delay getting to kyles place with a Dr appointment early in the morning that seemed to work in our favor. We arrived on the inside flats around noon and the weather with a slight breeze and sunny skies made for a pleasant day on the water.
We worked the edges of deeper cuts during the outgoing tide and the shallow flats in the incoming. Every fish was taken on a MirroDine and several were sight fished. Long light leaders and longer casts were the trick today. Both Rob and i caught our personal best trout today on hard baits but i was more excited for rob as this was his first trip down the river! We easily put a limit of upper slot trout in the boat today but only kept a dozen. Overall a 30 trout day along with a nice pile of lady fish for future endeavors! (also a few "daves fish" AKA pinfish!)
With all of us being New York redneck Yankees we put our know how to good use and filled the fish box! Its always enjoyable to fish with friends who share the same interests. we enjoyed our victory cigars, a boatload of laughs and shared great conversation about what else... fishing! I feel a grouper trip with my boat coming on! Here are a few pics to enjoy!

Replies