An opinion on spaying and neutering dogs.

1235718

Replies

  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    Woof!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    This is our last Lab.... Buc.... As in Tampa Bay Buc.... My wife is a big time sports fan.

    Buc had a pediatric neuter at the shelter in Polk County. Spent most of his first year of life chained to an orange tree because he knocked little kids in the family down playing. My wife had never owned a dog before. She took him to keep him from being taken to animal control. We started dating about six months after she got him. Supposedly he failed a basic obedience class. He was a WILD CHILD. We moved in together....To that point, I had said nothing about his unruly behavior. About a week after we moved in together, he knocked me down in the kitchen. I got ticked my wife started crying saying he could not help it because he was not smart enough to pass obedience. I started laughing she got ticked. in the end I leashed him up and started asking him for the commands he supposedly could not get. He knew them all if you asked the right way. In a week he was a dream dog. I would not call him a rocket scientist but he was very clever and VERY affable. Very compliant if he knew what you wanted.

    And he DOTED on my wife.

    Buc was diagnosed with Osteo Sarcoma in the fall of 2012. He told us it was time the Wednesday after thanksgiving. He was about 9 and a half.

    Buc and my wife deserved some more time together...

    284081_4265822857548_1743059530_n.jpg
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    Labs are easy to train. I've done it for 30 years. I've never had an unruly Lab...What do you need to know? I see the white spot on the chest. I know that dog. Any training problems stem from the (attempted) trainer. Need some tips?
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    Kidding, again...
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    onthefifty wrote: »

    Woof!

    Nice.... Lots of opinions on temperament differences with the colors in Labs. (and ACDs for that matter) I have trained a bunch. I see nothing to indicate color is a factor. It is just differences in individual dogs.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    onthefifty wrote: »
    Labs are easy to train. I've done it for 30 years. I've never had an unruly Lab...What do you need to know? I see the white spot on the chest. I know that dog. Any training problems stem from the (attempted) trainer. Need some tips?

    LOL no, I got it handled.... And I agree... Labs are among the easiest... Goldens as well.

    I will say this Bitc h we have now is a handful. She is a TON of go... But it is the breeding...
  • onthefiftyonthefifty Posts: 4,072 Captain
    LOL no, I got it handled.... And I agree... Labs are among the easiest... Goldens as well.

    I will say this Bitc h we have now is a handful. She is a TON of go... But it is the breeding...

    And the raising. Same with Pits. A great deal depends on the "raiser". I know you got it... just thought I'd ask. LOL
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    No. I used HSUS and "ASPCA, AVMA, APPA, U.S. Pet Owner's Demographic Sourcebook & Dr. S. Cohen" as sources & plainly said so. It's there for anyone to see.

    Readers have certainly noticed that your angry denials haven't used anything "as a source of proof on this" point & it's not funny at all. All you say is everybody is wrong & purposely lying for nefarious political reasons, AND "There is no way to" estimate. It's rather sad.
    Do you know anything about HSUS?

    The fact that you are using them as a source of proof on this forum is very funny.
    And very evident that you know nothing about them.

    Bottom line is.... There is no way to collect the data

    Sorry, but you are WRONG. The "Bottom line is...." There ARE valid/acknowledged ways to make these estimates.

    If you deny these facts it becomes "very evident that you know nothing about" statistics & the time proven ways they "collect the data".

    Instead of compulsively attacking HSUS & trying to vent your spleen at an ever expanding cross section of humanity - It's time to either;

    Admit that there are apparently ~70-80 million dogs in USA, the vast & overwhelming majority 'fixed'.

    OR, Get off the pot, post link to your preferred estimates & entertain readers by trying to deny The Birds & The Bees.
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    No. I used HSUS and "ASPCA, AVMA, APPA, U.S. Pet Owner's Demographic Sourcebook & Dr. S. Cohen" as sources & plainly said so. It's there for anyone to see.

    Readers have certainly noticed that your angry denials haven't used anything "as a source of proof on this" point & it's not funny at all. All you say is everybody is wrong & purposely lying for nefarious political reasons, AND "There is no way to" estimate. It's rather sad.



    Sorry, but you are WRONG. The "Bottom line is...." There ARE valid/acknowledged ways to make these estimates.

    If you deny these facts it becomes "very evident that you know nothing about" statistics & the time proven ways they "collect the data".

    Instead of compulsively attacking HSUS & trying to vent your spleen at an ever expanding cross section of humanity - It's time to either;

    Admit that there are apparently ~70-80 million dogs in USA, the vast & overwhelming majority 'fixed'.

    OR, Get off the pot, post link to your preferred estimates & entertain readers by trying to deny The Birds & The Bees.

    Sigh.... You led with HSUS....

    And no there are not valid accepted ways to make an accurate estimate....

    But you made the claim that there were such ways.... Post them up... I would LOVE to hear them....

    Nothing for me to admit. No accurate way to estimate....
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral

    Admit that there are apparently ~70-80 million dogs in USA, the vast & overwhelming majority 'fixed'.

    OR, Get off the pot, post link to your preferred estimates & entertain readers by trying to deny The Birds & The Bees.

    by the way..... Your 70-80 million and the overwhelming majority are fixed.... Just does not work.... What did you post? 83 percent fixed..

    Not enough dogs left intact to keep the population stable....
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,124 AG
    I was conflicted as to whether I should post this video. It is extremely graphic, but necessary because some folks have taken it upon themselves to spread information which can have devastating effects ....****Warning it will ruin the rest of your day****

    In most areas because of budget constraints, "former family members" are eliminated using gas chambers......this is what it looks like.

    I didn't embed the video, you can click on the link if you decide to watch it. ***Again, warning, it will ruin your day***

    Clip from HBO's "ONE NATION UNDER DOG" DOCUMENTARY

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M7dAyR-v6o
  • haydenfox!#$haydenfox!#$ Posts: 2,382 Captain
    I'm not reading that JB is suggesting s&n is wrong. But if there is merit to his original post, there are a number of pet owners the study pertains to and the information is relevant.

    If you can be a responsible pet owner, then it's up to you to decide whether or not you want to hedge the health of your pet and possibly years off it's life vs. what would otherwise be an unnecessary procedure.

    S&N has it's place but it shouldn't be because Bob said so.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    You're right.

    Responsible pet owners have a choice.

    Evident by the number of dogs killed in shelters EVERY day, most people are idiots and are not responsible.

    So therefore it is a VERY good idea that 99% of people NEED to get them fixed.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Mornin' Joey! What happened to that thread you posted about your dog not being safe around children Joey? You remember - the one you claimed was a troll after you made yourself look like a ****? Then again I wouldn't expect you to tell the truth, you are so shamed by who you really are you can't even meet another member for a beer.
  • SonOfAGunninSonOfAGunnin Posts: 5,085 Admiral
    Johnny is owning Joseph on this thread.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    I put him down like a responsible owner would.

    What ever happened to the neighbor you were scared to go talk to?

    Did he stop shooting?

    Have you grown a pair and talked to him yet?

    I spoke to my neighbor yesterday.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    I put him down like a responsible owner would.

    What ever happened to the neighbor you were scared to go talk to?

    Did he stop shooting?

    Have you grown a pair and talked to him yet?

    I spoke to my neighbor yesterday.
    So when were you lying?

    Was it when you said the dog was vicious and couldn't be trusted(read untrained or trained by someone who shouldn't have dogs)?

    Was it at the end of the thread when you said it was all a troll to get Johnny and I?

    Now?

    I'm going with your entire existence is a lie.
  • FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    "led with HSUS" and when challenged added "ASPCA, AVMA, APPA, U.S. Pet Owner's Demographic Sourcebook & Dr. S. Cohen" as sources.

    You've attempted to respond with nothing, nada, zip, zilch, negatory - except kneejerk denials of universally accepted statistical practices.

    Sigh.... You led with HSUS....

    "by the way....." you've also failed Simple Math.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    So when were you lying?

    Was it when you said the dog was vicious and couldn't be trusted(read untrained or trained by someone who shouldn't have dogs)?

    Was it at the end of the thread when you said it was all a troll to get Johnny and I?

    Now?

    I'm going with your entire existence is a lie.


    Answer my question whether you grew a pair and talked with your neighbors first.

    Then I will answer your questions.

    You man up it tuck tail like your dog that you had to sneak up on to shoot?
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,083 Captain
    2 wars, 1 thread. This is great, ole Bandit really got you guys going.

    :Popcorn

    :dog
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    "led with HSUS" and when challenged added "ASPCA, AVMA, APPA, U.S. Pet Owner's Demographic Sourcebook & Dr. S. Cohen" as sources.

    You've attempted to respond with nothing, nada, zip, zilch, negatory - except kneejerk denials of universally accepted statistical practices.




    "by the way....." you've also failed Simple Math.

    They are accepted statistics.... Just numbers someone threw out there...

    You cannot even state the methodology in which they cam up with said numbers. Because there is none....
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
    2 wars, 1 thread. This is great, ole Bandit really got you guys going.

    :Popcorn

    :dog

    I told you guys back around half way through page one.
    Actually it is.

    What we have here though is one of the FS forums top 5 trolling experts working his magic, doing what he does best.

    Keep in mind that I'm not saying that in a bad way, Johnny is a friend of mine and has been for years, hes a very nice person that would literally give you the shirt off his back and is the type of person that will go out of his way to help anyone in need whether you're a close friend or a complete stranger.

    He loves to debate and he loves to get you all worked up though and, he's done it again.
    pupraiser wrote: »
    If it is a troll then this thread should be deleted.


    See, thats where being one of the top 5 in the history of FS comes into play, you can't prove it's a troll, that's how good he really is.

    tag wrote: »
    If he loves to debate where the hell is he?
    Again, top 5. It's a tactic, he's allowing us to show all of our cards and then he'll show up later and post enough material to fill a War and Peace novel, rebutting everything we've posted. Look, there's a reason he's top 5, he's no slouch. He's borderline genius.

    :wink
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 AG
    he's had me ban myself more than once
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

    whether it had happened or not.

    Mark Twain
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    They are accepted statistics.... Just numbers someone threw out there...

    You cannot even state the methodology in which they cam up with said numbers. Because there is none....

    Source?

    Or just because you don't agree with it you claim that it is not true data?
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,302 Admiral
    Source?

    Or just because you don't agree with it you claim that it is not true data?

    There is no source.... Because there is NO accounting methods or protocols for determining the number of dogs in pet homes.

    Most but not all counties have registration of dogs. But compliance is voluntary. Of course if you get caught with an un registered dog, you will get a small fine. But your chances of getting caught are slim and none.

    And even if a county has pretty good data of the number of dogs within said county... There is NO PLACE to send that data up hill to the state or national level.

    The information is simply not there to be compiled....
  • Hickory DogHickory Dog Posts: 5,047 Officer
    Answer my question whether you grew a pair and talked with your neighbors first.

    Then I will answer your questions.

    You man up it tuck tail like your dog that you had to sneak up on to shoot?
    Why would I be concerned with what an admitted liar and known coward thinks of me? Especially one nutty enough to believe there is a massive conspiracy of veterinarians to breed unwanted animals for profit.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Gotcha.

    I knew you tucked tail.

    Sad and pathetic.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,925 Admiral
    pupraiser wrote: »
    JB is either trolling or ****.

    Why the dog community has not shunned him I will never know. Oh, well, maybe because they don't know him outside the "show" ring.

    I'm not going to waste more time on this thread. JB, you don't have the ability to comprehend was is good and what is better.

    I challenge anyone on here to call "no kill" shelters in there area and ask if they have room for a dog or (worse) a cat. You will find they are full.

    To promote a no spay/neuter is irresponsible. But I would expect that from someone who cannot manage their own life.
    I can't believe there are no kill shelters for cats???

    .22's still too hard to find or what?
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 9,925 Admiral
    I put him down like a responsible owner would.

    What ever happened to the neighbor you were scared to go talk to?

    Did he stop shooting?

    Have you grown a pair and talked to him yet?

    I spoke to my neighbor yesterday.
    Dog wasn't safe around children because you are/were an irresponisble owner..

    People like you need nothing more than a Finch..
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
Sign In or Register to comment.