fishin pc 1/28

Was able to get out with a friend boats with the atlantic like a lake. Heard king bite slowed at 8a so headed south to pelican flats. 1st stop nada, second stop trolled with a few commercial king boats nada, but hit it on a spot about 80' water anchored up on a crevice in the bottom and non stop action. Couldn't keep bait on bottom nice trigger fish (10) a porgy, and at least 18 endangered red snapper. Had a ball worn out good day fishing.

Replies

• Mighty QuinnMighty Quinn Posts: 194 Deckhand
    Nice! We went out of Sebastian and loaded up on triggers as well. My buddy pulled up a short Mutton and I pulled up a short cobia that were released to fight another day. Ocean was nice--went out 3/4 throttle and came back in full throttle even through the inlet. There were huge pods of blue runners but nothing under or around them. Glad we didn't leave too earlier since the fog was so thick, but it turned out to be a great day!
    2016 Key West 239FS w/Yamaha 250
  • the great wallthe great wall Posts: 254 Officer
    I would have loaded up a well with those blue runners, head over to the ledge and slow trolled them with some weight for wahoo.
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,893 Captain
    I am way past ready to get out and troll
    sounds like there is atleast some action when you can get out
    keep the post coming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• ButcherButcher Posts: 118 Officer
    You know what to do with those blue runners!
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 899 Officer
    No doubt man
  • Mighty QuinnMighty Quinn Posts: 194 Deckhand
    Butcher wrote: »
    You know what to do with those blue runners!

Yes I do! I thought about it but decided to throw it back. I need to get another king so you can make that boom a$$ dip again!
    2016 Key West 239FS w/Yamaha 250
  • catchme1catchme1 Posts: 235 Deckhand
    Tried making my own dip and tried the dip from the smoke house. Its missing something.