Where the hell are the reds.

I know just as much as the next person that the reds stack up in the cool months. However, I haven't been able to find one in almost 3 weeks (been fishing in St. Aug) only blues and trout. I'm going nuts! This coming weekend is looking nice. Hope I can get on them.
"Great Daye Fishing Team"
'14 Pathfinder 22 TRS (sold :()
Yamaha F200

Replies

• MaverickMaverick Posts: 708 Officer
    Was out sunday and my usual flats were loaded with fish. However, most of the schools wouldnt let us get within casting distance, and the ones that did had ZERO interest in what we had to offer. (we were even poling to the fish trying not to spook em)

One flat the water was so clear that we sat there and watched two groups of three fish watch a fly get drug across their nose 5-6 times and they wouldnt even move.
    Shut Up and Fish
  • JizzoJizzo Posts: 1,356 Officer
    That's why I went crappie fishing last week.
    -Jon
  • twirptwirp Posts: 1,123 Officer
    Maverick wrote: »
    Was out sunday and my usual flats were loaded with fish. However, most of the schools wouldnt let us get within casting distance, and the ones that did had ZERO interest in what we had to offer. (we were even poling to the fish trying not to spook em)

One flat the water was so clear that we sat there and watched two groups of three fish watch a fly get drug across their nose 5-6 times and they wouldnt even move.

Samething happened to me on Sunday too! We saw hundreds of fish, nothing would eat anything. We used or normal artificials, flies, any and everything and they wouldn't have anything to do with it. I even soaked a Gulp! and I watched fish after fish swim right over it. Frustrating for sure!

Tony, I can't help you down in St. Augustine, but I'll inbox you where I've been seeing a lot of fish and have had good luck, except for Sunday. We saw several hundred fish, but couldn't get to them and when we did, nothing was eating. Tough times!
    Pathfinder-Logo-300x103.jpg