02/05 Growing better baitfish: Aquaculture in the recreational fishing industry

On Feb 5th, Nicole Kirchhoff will speak about "Growing better baitfish: Aquaculture in the recreational fishing industry." Nicole is an an expert in aquaculture and has been involved in all aspects of fish farming from raising pin fish to large tuna. The club is delighted that she will be sharing her vast knowledge with us on 02/05, 7 pm, at Shenanigan's East Side Pub at 1300 South Federal Highway, Dania Beach, FL (just North of Sheridan and 1
on the west side of the road next to McDonalds). Please tell others about this great free meeting with free door prizes, great location, and friendly club members.

We will be having seminars on the first Wednesday of the month in Feb, Mar, Apr, and May at Shenanigan's East Side Pub. Please sign up, find out about our parties, and read more about the club at http://www.meetup.com/Hollywood-Hills-Saltwater-Fishing-Science-and-Social-Club/

cheers, O
The goal of scientists is to maximize what we know of the real world by using the mathematical world to optimize the information from the observed world.

Replies

• copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    I'll be there Arthur.

I've said this before, this is a great opportunity to get some FREE fishing intel from some of the BIG guys in the industry. If you pass this up, it's your loss.
    Arthur, I think I convinced our mutual friend to come Wednesday.

See you there.
  • Native FloridianNative Floridian Posts: 702 Officer
    Thanks again for the great talk last night. A great time as always!
    P8260478.jpgPB300094-1.jpg
  • ProfessorOProfessorO Posts: 259 Deckhand
    Thanks Ryan and John. Nicole delivered an awesome talk that reinforced some of things we have been talking about at the club such as the importance of sound. Captive fish can distinguish different human voices coming from another room and can tell the difference between those who feed them and everyone else. Large tuna in a noisy harbor only get excited when they hear their feed boat coming from over 1/4 mile away. Fish also communicate between themselves more than we think and smelling blood of their own species will put out a warning to all fish in the areas to shut down the bite, ....., great stories like this besides all of the good info on bait. cheers, O
    The goal of scientists is to maximize what we know of the real world by using the mathematical world to optimize the information from the observed world.
    The part about the blood will change the way I handle my fish from here on out!