Peacocks and more!

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Can we Shoot them?
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Adriankd35Adriankd35 Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Do you have a boat? I only fish on boats.

We can use a little john boat but fishing off land is better for peacocks IMO
  • JesseJamesJesseJames Posts: 2,408 Officer
    Peacocks are on my bucket list along with sails and marlin, can you do those also?
    I'll shoot you an IM next time I'm down that way.

HA, I'll split the trip cost with you and lowe-boy when i make it down there. That way we will have some beer money left over to celebrate our catch.

I might be in on this. Wonder if he can take up to six people. Is there a mate that needs to be tipped?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    copoutfishing.com
    JesseJames wrote: »
    I might be in on this. Wonder if he can take up to six people. Is there a mate that needs to be tipped?

I'll take 6 people we would just have to negotiate a price and tips arent expected but they are accepted.
  • yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    I may take you up on this just so you can afford some new shorts.
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
    This is awesome, one question.. will you fillet our catch for that price?

I prefer if you just catch and release
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    Peacocks are on my bucket list along with sails and marlin, can you do those also?
    I'll shoot you an IM next time I'm down that way.

HA, I'll split the trip cost with you and lowe-boy when i make it down there. That way we will have some beer money left over to celebrate our catch.

don't worry, it's on me buddy.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    My schedule is erratic, but I might be willing to pay for lessons over the internet so I can get over there on a spur of the moment trip. It is just too difficult to pre-arrange a trip, and I would hate to have to pay a cancellation fee. What is your cancellation fee?

What would be the cost of a how-to guide to fishing the peacocks? I am talking maps with locations marked, best time of day, proper tackle, best bait, and the proper lunch to bring along? People share that kind of info on the regional fishing forums for grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, cobia, sailfish, dolphin, etc., but the peacock bass fishermen are always so tight-lipped about their tricks of the trade.
    Schadenfreude. November 8, 2016
  • Toothy ThangToothy Thang Posts: 1,414 Officer
    Adriankd35 wrote: »
    I prefer if you just catch and release

I can appreciate that, but say for $15 more or so, can I keep just 6-7. My little brother has a condition and needs to eat only fish, something to do with needing more vitamin E or B.. I really don't remember.
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Can we Shoot them?

get out of here guy. stop playing around.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    grady30wa wrote: »
    My schedule is erratic, but I might be willing to pay for lessons over the internet so I can get over there on a spur of the moment trip. It is just too difficult to pre-arrange a trip, and I would hate to have to pay a cancellation fee. What is your cancellation fee?

What would be the cost of a how-to guide to fishing the peacocks? I am talking maps with locations marked, best time of day, proper tackle, best bait, and the proper lunch to bring along? People share that kind of info on the regional fishing forums for grouper, snapper, snook, tarpon, cobia, sailfish, dolphin, etc., but the peacock bass fishermen are always so tight-lipped about their tricks of the trade.

Send me a Im with your number I'll text you and we will discuss this.
    I can appreciate that, but say for $15 more or so, can I keep just 6-7. My little brother has a condition and needs to eat only fish, something to do with needing more vitamin E or B.. I really don't remember.

I am sorry to hear that but the lakes and canals that I catch peacocks in aren't very clean I do not recommend eating any of them.
  • grady30wagrady30wa Posts: 10,161 AG
    Send me a Im with your number I'll text you and we will discuss this.

I sent it. Did you get it?
    Schadenfreude. November 8, 2016
    I am sorry to hear that but the lakes and canals that I catch peacocks in aren't very clean I do not recommend eating any of them.

that's probably true. those fish would probably give you enough mercury to turn on the AC every time you walk by it.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • aquadocaquadoc Posts: 63 Deckhand
    Listen I'm a meat fisherman and it appears your hunting some kind of meat too...but if I can't stomp the fish on it's head after I catch it I'm going to have to try and find another shoreline peacock guide.
    hey Adrian, would you happen to know Miami-Pescador?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Any Warsaw spots?
    What are your rental rods? Braid fluro, Monel or mono?
    Any Warsaw spots?

I think warsaw are salt water though I've heard of them being caught in brackish.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    grady30wa wrote: »
    I sent it. Did you get it?

No text me at 305 321 7369
    What are your rental rods? Braid fluro, Monel or mono?

They're backed with mono then braid and I use floro leader
    hey Adrian, would you happen to know Miami-Pescador?

No I do not
    Sorry man find another guide.
  • Toothy ThangToothy Thang Posts: 1,414 Officer

I understand your concern, but for him it might not matter. I'm seriously considering this, I got some money from his EBT card that I was able to exchange for cash last week.. should me and my little brother book with you before or after the next new moon?
    my homeboy caught a decent one the other day. how much do you think it weighs?

LoweBoy2.jpg
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    I like to drink when I fish, will you be driving us from spot to spot?
  • Next LevelNext Level Posts: 2,963 Captain
    Hola! My son will take you feeshing for $75.00 in Dade County.He have food saver and engel cooler to keep your feesh fresh in the freezer to.
    Next Level wrote: »
    Hola! My son will take you feeshing for $75.00 in Dade County.He have food saver and engel cooler to keep your feesh fresh in the freezer to.

wow what a hater. tell your son to start his own thread promoting his skills.

really $75?
    friedpeacocks.jpg
    I like to drink when I fish, will you be driving us from spot to spot?

Yes I have no problem with that.
  • PhishingPhanaticPhishingPhanatic Posts: 452 Deckhand
    Do you take credit cards? Also, tell me more about the carp trips. I've seen pictures of huge ones from down here, what kind of gear do I need for those beasts? The heaviest I have is only a 50w. Thanks!