Looking for a place to keep my boat

I have a 19' center console that will be here in the next few weeks. I live in Coconut Creek, and I would like someplace close (less than 30 min ride)

It's on a trailer now, and I will need a place to keep the trailer as well.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• UkintheusaUkintheusa Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Dusky in dania beach. Stored on the trailer for yours would be like 100/mo. Boat launch and water on site. Fixed bridge however so if you have a t top watch the tides. I end up trailering to a public ramp often. But its cheap.

Banyan bay is another option. But its in better condition. Electric gate, flat paved areas. No ramp though.

If you want it closer then you can go the storage facility route, just shop it in your Area. I also hear crystal lake in pompano is reasonable
  • JerseyzuksJerseyzuks Posts: 156 Deckhand
    Thank you for the response

Does anyone have any experience with the rack storage at Boathouse Marine Center in Pompano Beach?
  • fireMARTINmedicfireMARTINmedic Posts: 111 Deckhand
    Ukintheusa wrote: »
    Dusky in dania beach. Stored on the trailer for yours would be like 100/mo. Boat launch and water on site. Fixed bridge however so if you have a t top watch the tides. I end up trailering to a public ramp often. But its cheap.

Banyan bay is another option. But its in better condition. Electric gate, flat paved areas. No ramp though.

If you want it closer then you can go the storage facility route, just shop it in your Area. I also hear crystal lake in pompano is reasonable

I second Crystal Lake Storage. I only been there for a few months but I got a really good vibe from the family who owns it and from the forum members who keep their boat there. I think you are looking more for a rack n stack correct?.

Martin
    I second Crystal Lake Storage. I only been there for a few months but I got a really good vibe from the family who owns it and from the forum members who keep their boat there. I think you are looking more for a rack n stack correct?.

Martin

Rack storage would be ideal, but I'm willing to consider a storage facility with their own ramp/water/electric
    I received a quote from Boathouse Marine Center for $250 a month which seemed reasonable, but then found out that it would be an extra $100 a month just for the trailer
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    I heard of theft issues at Dusky by a forum member. Just keep in mind if it ain't bolted down it's got a chance of walking & even then it's still not 100%.
    I heard of theft issues at Dusky by a forum member. Just keep in mind if it ain't bolted down it's got a chance of walking & even then it's still not 100%.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm not very trusting, so nothing gets left on the boat. Even the electronics come off when I leave.
  • beyondhelpbeyondhelp Posts: 392 Deckhand
    Hey! For a second there I forgot which forum I was on. Good to see ya here. You're too far south for me to be any help but I figured I'd say hi.
    John.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    beyondhelp wrote: »
    Hey! For a second there I forgot which forum I was on. Good to see ya here. You're too far south for me to be any help but I figured I'd say hi.

Thanks! I've noticed a few guys here from the other forums as well
  • on deckon deck Posts: 651 Officer
    I keep mine at A1 across from the dump off Sample and Powerline. Great experience so far. $122.00 out the door for my 23' on a trailer. 24 hr access and 24 hour security. Oh...and 2 free bags of ice every time I go fishing!

Yea i dont vouch for the. Security. I havent heard of anything while ive been there but its only a padlocked gate and alarm. No alarm in the daytime either.

I dont leave anything pricey on the boat. Just cleaning supplies maybe a pool noodle.

Banyan seems more secure and about the same price.
    on deck wrote: »
    I keep mine at A1 across from the dump off Sample and Powerline. Great experience so far. $122.00 out the door for my 23' on a trailer. 24 hr access and 24 hour security. Oh...and 2 free bags of ice every time I go fishing!

That does sound like a deal. Too far for me though
    on deck wrote: »

Is there a ramp, or is it just a storage yard?
    Jerseyzuks wrote: »
    Is there a ramp, or is it just a storage yard?

just storage, it's off Military Trail I believe.
  • vortex911vortex911 Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Try Thunderboat Marina on old Griffin Road just east of Bryan road. They offer storage in the lot on the trailer around $160ish and Dry storage 250ish. One fixed bridge but they have courtesy docks on Dania cutoff canal. The only time it may be an issue with a larger boat with T-Top is with A full moon and high tide. Very secure never had issues over 3 years.
  • deceedecee Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    I've been at Thunderboat for almost 2 years now. No issues and a quiet place
    vortex911 wrote: »
    Try Thunderboat Marina on old Griffin Road just east of Bryan road. They offer storage in the lot on the trailer around $160ish and Dry storage 250ish. One fixed bridge but they have courtesy docks on Dania cutoff canal. The only time it may be an issue with a larger boat with T-Top is with A full moon and high tide. Very secure never had issues over 3 years.
    decee wrote: »
    I've been at Thunderboat for almost 2 years now. No issues and a quiet place

How long of a run is it to the inlet?
    no running but it will take 45 to an hour with current behind you.
    Ouch... I didn't realize it was that far