Texas A&M who?!?

Who'd have thought Duke would have them 38-17 at half?!?

I think he was across the goal line and should have been 42-17! But 6 drives all ending with points! :hail

Replies

• omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    A&m stepping up and duke wearing down is making this a game!
    ducknfish wrote: »

Wha...? Being an acc guy, I'm enjoying watching duke beat a&m! just hope they can keep it up.
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    Not sure how this ends but the Blue Devils are bringing it. Win or lose the effort out of them is something to be admired.
    It's going to end close, I believe. Impressive to see the smart guys bringing their A game in the bowl game, not that smart guys can't play football. Just a level of play you don't expect from duke. Kind of like Kentucky being a dominant force in the sec.
    And as I type that they quick strike for another 7 to bring it back to a 3pt game.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,803 AG
    Duke blew the lead and allowed A&M to win. That would be the third ACC team to go down today.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • MulletMullet Posts: 2,361 Moderator
    That's who! lol
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 628 Officer
    Had $ on ATM, I don't think they were ready at the start but glad the
    defense showed up at the end.
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • Jolly ManJolly Man Posts: 967 Officer
    Outstanding game. Hope today proves as enjoyable on this dreary new years day.
    The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. - Charles Swindoll
  • CynicalCynical Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Had $ on ATM, I don't think they were ready at the start but glad the
    defense showed up at the end.

ATM didn't cover the spread did it?
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    We had it at duke +14 here
  • kgfisherkgfisher Posts: 628 Officer
    Straight up bowl pool, no spreads. Although I
    probably would have still taken ATM. Duke played
    much better than I expected.
    "The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore"

- Vincent Van Gogh

2215GAG3.jpg
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,175 AG
    SEC SEC!!!
    There was your Heisman winner.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 692 Officer
    Happy New Year !!!

Yes....the SEC is very strong. Stronger than the ACC by far.

Will that matter when FSU meets Auburn.........No.

My head tells me that given 6 weeks to prep for Auburn's powerful but mostly one dimensional offense, the FSU defense will be well prepared. Much better prepared that all the teams who had 1 week to prepare.

My head also tells me that if JW is sharp like he was most of the season, the porous Auburn pass defense is in deep trouble.

So....my head says SEC is the strongest conference......but FSU is the strongest TEAM.

This I feel in my heart. :) Go Noles.

Happy New Year !!!

Will that matter when FSU meets Auburn.........No.

My head tells me that given 6 weeks to prep for Auburn's powerful but mostly one dimensional offense, the FSU defense will be well prepared. Much better prepared that all the teams who had 1 week to prepare.

My head also tells me that if JW is sharp like he was most of the season, the porous Auburn pass defense is in deep trouble.

So....my head says SEC is the strongest conference......but FSU is the strongest TEAM.

This I feel in my heart. :) Go Noles.

I can't disagree with any of that. Jimbo can coach to our scheme but Gus can't coach his corners to grow 6" taller. My eyes tell me that FSU is the real deal despite a weak schedule.
    All that said, I never in my wildest would have thought our season would play out the way it has & I can't wait to watch this matchup.
    War Eagle!

That I wouldn't argue with. If Boone had not made those two mistakes late, the outcome would/could have been different.

I'd also say that if the ref's would have got that play right (they didn't even bother taking time to review) at the end of the first half, duke would have had an extra 4 on the board and it would have went to overtime. Not that I think they could have won an overtime shootout with A&M.
    omegafoo wrote: »
    That I wouldn't argue with. If Boone had not made those two mistakes late, the outcome would/could have been different.

I'd also say that if the ref's would have got that play right (they didn't even bother taking time to review) at the end of the first half, duke would have had an extra 4 on the board and it would have went to overtime. Not that I think they could have won an overtime shootout with A&M.
    It wouldn't mean anything to anybody but Duke and A&M for Duke to have won that game. The #2 team in the ACC beating the #4 team in the SEC West doesn't mean much to anybody but those teams. The ACC would not have been validated by it. The ACC needs VT, GT and Miami to step it up.
    The good thing for you FSU fans is that your team didn't have a letdown, steamrolled everybody on the schedule and get to play for the NC. Winning the NC won't validate the ACC but it will certainly validate FSU regardless of who was on their conference schedule.
    I don't think there's anything that's going to validate the ACC, unfortunately. Miami and VT have all but fallen. To be determined on Clemson Saturday. Hope they win more so to discredit OSU even more than for Clemson and the ACC.

But you're absolutely right, until VT, UM, Clemson, FSU, and GT or BC decide to step up and compete yearly as well as one or two or of the other teams having a good year spread throughout, the acc will just be another conference dominated by one or two teams like most. Going to be hard to stack any conference with the teams and talent the sec has managed to put together.