ACC Bowl Record after NYE ?

124»

Replies

  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    Calusa wrote: »
    I am so sick of hearing the all too typical lame excuse from Gator fans about injuries. When a player gets injured the next guy mans up and gets it done. It's up to him to be ready - that's what bench warmers are there for. It's up to the coach to recruit the right athletes who can either start, or fill the voids when needed. It's up to the coach to make **** sure every player is ready to play RIGHT NOW, no matter if he's a starter or not. It's up to the strength coach to make sure these guys are physically fit to play football.

    What next - the wussies in orange & blue gonna file personal injury lawsuits against the school?

    Again, no excuses. Just answer up. Would FSU be where they are at with 18 starters out? just asking? No one seems to know how to answer, just deflect and slam!!!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Hey resinhead, when UF has 10 + years of mediocrity get back with us ok. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You know what I mean. Last I checked it was FSU who went on a decade plus losing streak.

    Never had a losing record during the time you are referring to. And to answer your question, yes that many injuries would have affected FSU or any team for that matter. But not 4-8 bad, and not losing to GSU bad.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,796 Admiral
    10 year losing streak?

    BTW... FYI...

    19 > 18
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    JaxNole wrote: »
    Never had a losing record during the time you are referring to. And to answer your question, yes that many injuries would have affected FSU or any team for that matter. But not 4-8 bad, and not losing to GSU bad.

    I briefly remember FSU losing to some real powerhouses too but hey maybe not poor old GSU. The players flat gave up on old Will, even the defense gave up in the later part of the schedule. They mentally gave up long before they were physically ****. That is on the coaches fully. I also know there are very few in the caliber of Saban, Meyer and a few others so what are the alternatives at this point?
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,796 Admiral
    Noles lost 11 to the NFL last year plus those who graduated.

    Then went undefeated this year, won the Conference Championship and are playing for the crystal ball...

    All with a freshman QB that never played a down of college ball.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    Resinhead wrote: »
    Noles lost 11 to the NFL last year plus those who graduated.

    Then went undefeated this year, won the Conference Championship and are playing for the crystal ball...

    All with a freshman QB that never played a down of college ball.

    And your point is? I am not taking nothing away from FSU this year. They are good, no doubt. But it has nothing to do with nothing. You have also had talent in the past and come up with goose eggs. For two years you were supposed to play for the top spot and didn't quite get there, but then again that's football. That is why the games are played and not decided by simple win loss record.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Resinhead wrote: »
    Noles lost 11 to the NFL last year plus those who graduated.

    Then went undefeated this year, won the Conference Championship and are playing for the crystal ball...

    All with a freshman QB that never played a down of college ball.

    No team would be the same after losing 18 players

    There can only be 22 starters on a football team, so please stop calling all 18 starters. They contributed without a doubt, and crushed your depth but not all 18 were starters.

    No doubt, the injury list is just ridiculous....

    http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/12/31/5260646/florida-gators-injury-report-2013-season

    IF they became a starter due to an injury on the 1st team player above them, they got the start for that particular game(s)

    Either way, on any other given year UFs 2nd team should be able to beat Georgia Southern AT HOME
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    Let me put all this into perspective for all you FSU fans who are trying to smack talk UF. I have been a Florida fan since 1970. I have been a fan through thick and thin, when we couldn't even beat out way out of a wet paper sack. The Spurrier came along, like him or hate him he put Florida on the map. Even with the loss to GSU I am still last time I checked still breathing so all else is just gravy train. The sun still came up after the loss and I still had a job to go to so I could provide for my family. I like to razz people when they need razzing but I will never rub anything in someones face and then keep rubbing their noses in it. It shakes out like it does whether I like it or not or root for them or not. Therefore I have come to the simple conclusion. It is just a game and life will go on win lose or draw. So keep on keepin on, my football forum friends. To FSU and Auburn fans good luck and may the best team win. Until next year when we can rib each other again.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    No team would be the same after losing 18 players

    There can only be 22 starters on a football team, so please stop calling all 18 starters. They contributed without a doubt, and crushed your depth but not all 18 were starters.

    No doubt, the injury list is just ridiculous....

    http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/12/31/5260646/florida-gators-injury-report-2013-season

    IF they became a starter due to an injury on the 1st team player above them, they got the start for that particular game(s)

    Either way, on any other given year UFs 2nd team should be able to beat Georgia Southern AT HOME

    I agree 100 %. Like the GSU coach said not one of his starters would even play on a Florida team but it happened, we stunk it up and that my friend is the way it goes some times. Now the task is moving on to try and make a different outcome next year. Other than that it is all over and nothing will ever change that. History, gone forever, no turning back. Hopefully next year will be better, but there are no guarantees.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Let me put all this into perspective for all you FSU fans who are trying to smack talk UF. I have been a Florida fan since 1970. I have been a fan through thick and thin, when we couldn't even beat out way out of a wet paper sack. The Spurrier came along, like him or hate him he put Florida on the map. Even with the loss to GSU I am still last time I checked still breathing so all else is just gravy train. The sun still came up after the loss and I still had a job to go to so I could provide for my family. I like to razz people when they need razzing but I will never rub anything in someones face and then keep rubbing their noses in it. It shakes out like it does whether I like it or not or root for them or not. Therefore I have come to the simple conclusion. It is just a game and life will go on win lose or draw. So keep on keepin on, my football forum friends. To FSU and Auburn fans good luck and may the best team win. Until next year when we can rib each other again.

    A lot of people on here wouldn't let us live down NCST last season, people in glass houses (If I'm quoting you correctly)

    I agree with you about moving on, having a job etc. However, when your biggest rival loses to a FCS school and they had been on top for SO LONG (half of my life almost) and now they're on the bottom....can you blame us? We've been playing second fiddle for so long that I forgot what it was like to be the big kid on the playground!

    I say instead of being bitter about us razzing, just remember it's part of the rivalry.

    GO NOLES!!!
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • runnoftrunnoft Posts: 331 Officer
    Good point Zimm..

    Let's not forget the amount that was dished out (rightfully so) during our Dark age.
  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    A lot of people on here wouldn't let us live down NCST last season, people in glass houses (If I'm quoting you correctly)

    I agree with you about moving on, having a job etc. However, when your biggest rival loses to a FCS school and they had been on top for SO LONG (half of my life almost) and now they're on the bottom....can you blame us? We've been playing second fiddle for so long that I forgot what it was like to be the big kid on the playground!

    I say instead of being bitter about us razzing, just remember it's part of the rivalry.

    GO NOLES!!!

    Bitter. You make me laugh. I could care less because like I said I have been on the bottom before. Just look up the 70's and 80's for the Gators, really not much to crow about there. Razz on my friend, it is all cyclical. One day you're a hero and the next a zero. That is sports. Most people take it too seriously is all I am saying. I also coached Baseball for 12 years so I know how quickly the scenery changes in sports. Enjoy your ride while it lasts, just keep it in perspective.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    runnoft wrote: »
    Good point Zimm..

    Let's not forget the amount that was dished out (rightfully so) during our Dark age.

    Oh I remember that too. I have razzed people too. That is the fun of it but not like some on here just continue to dog people. That to me takes all the fun out of it too. I have some good FSU fishing and diving buddies and we would rib and razz when appropriate and so on. But it was over after the ribbing and we would move on to bigger and better fish to fry.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 7,995 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    A lot of people on here wouldn't let us live down NCST last season, people in glass houses (If I'm quoting you correctly)


    That quote by the way was just pointing out how up and down this whole thing is. Not a slam just trying to get you to remember it wasn't that long ago that you were not the top dog and by all accounts it won't be all that long that you will be top dogs also. Just saying.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

    II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.



  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,737 Admiral
    Spineyman wrote: »
    Now let me put this another way. Take 18 starters away from FSU. Do you think they still finish like they did?

    Whatever!

    If frogs had wings....
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,737 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    Either way, on any other given year UFs 2nd team should be able to beat Georgia Southern AT HOME

    By then, I think most the team didn't care anymore, and was more concerned with spending the whole holiday break at home, chasing their hometown girls, and drinking as much as humanly possible.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    spending the whole holiday break at home, chasing their hometown girls, and drinking as much as humanly possible.

    I'm guessing they drank too much before the 2012 Sugar bowl as well?

    Muschamp is a terrible HC, amazing DC but has no purpose calling the shots.

    That is my .02
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

    "Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

    FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

    2013 Hobie Outback
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,737 Admiral
    ZimmerNole wrote: »
    I'm guessing they drank too much before the 2012 Sugar bowl as well?

    Muschamp is a terrible HC, amazing DC but has no purpose calling the shots.

    That is my .02

    I have nothing to argue that with, nor a change of subject about Noles of past or whatever.

    I've got nothing left to say but eating crow, and trying to be irritating. I learned from the legends, Calusa and Treetop.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Now it's 18 starters.

    You **** Gators beat all I've ever seen or heard tell of. 18 starters - LMAO

    Recruit some athletes instead of a bunch of Pansie Nancies. Play football and shut up!
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,737 Admiral
    It's beer:15 Cal. Go home. Or walk to the living room of your trailer.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    Calusa wrote: »
    ****
    PING 'head!
    Lemme guess its cool when looosa does it.
    You are a funny man!
    May I ask how tall you are?
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,796 Admiral
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5biT5hct8SvOkpmA1O7pT4nmQYKp_3pc_TbWpt5hLO8TsirEM6Q
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    Haha
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 9,796 Admiral
    DuPont wrote: »
    PING 'head!
    May I ask how tall you are?

    Easy there fella. I don't play for that team you're on.
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,907 Admiral
    Yep... > 5'"10
Sign In or Register to comment.