New boat trailer

bonebone Posts: 1,139 Officer
Looking to totally re build or by a new Loadmaster(or equivalent) trailer for my 2350 Bluewater. Being NY eve no one is working and answering the phone. So my question is what does it cost to totally re build and what is cost of new one? I can't seem to find prices anywhere on the web. Thanks

Replies

• kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 3,203 Captain
    Depends on what you mean by 'totally rebuild'. Our definitions of that could be quite different. You can do hubs/bearings for $35 a wheel.
    Brakes add a whole new dimension depending on if they're drums or discs, what's needed, electric or surge, etc...
    Then there's lights.
    Then there's the bunks or rollers... are they good or need replaced?
    The winch?
    The tongue ok?
    Springs? Leafs are easy and cheap... torsion you have to change the axle (or so I'm told) and it's pretty expensive.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
  • sterlingxs22sterlingxs22 Posts: 158 Officer
    If you got the $ call Ameritrail and get the WORKS trailer , and you'll be good to go anywhere .
  • SCFD rtrd.SCFD rtrd. Posts: 1,386 Officer
    If you are going to buy the parts and do the work yourself, then it's worth the effort. But, if you plan to pay someone to totally rebuild your existing trailer, it might be worthwhile to look at a new one. You need to make a list of the new stuff you want and call 2 or 3 trailer places, then compare that to the cost of a new trailer.

There's lots of trailer places, but the only two I could recommend are; B&G Trailers (near Deland/Daytona) or AmeriTrail (in St. Cloud).
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,374 Officer
    Agree with kmagnuss and SCFD about doing it yourself and what do you mean by totally rebuilding. Championtrailers.com and sturdybuiltonlne.com are a couple of online trailer supply places.