New Years Eve plans?

Replies

• PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    Polar wrote: »
    Im gonna eat 18 hard boiled eggs today!

you sir, will fart all night, and all day new years
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,978 Captain
    Tarpon65 wrote: »
    Nitrous Oxide. Now that's a party!
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,377 AG
    Very boring around here. Wife got out of the hospital on Sunday afternoon after having lung surgery. She is feeling good, but her daughter and mom both have flu and can not be around her. I think I'm making a us a pot of chicken and dumplings and we'll watch a movie or two.

Prayers for your wife and the rest of the family to recover soon.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • drkpttdrkptt Posts: 1,927 Captain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Donna the Buffalo (Tankard's favorite band in the whole world), at Skippers in Tampa tonight.

That was a consideration but my gf opted out because I made plans to get up early tomorrow to see the Tony Jannus flight recreation, which is not happening now. If I didn't have to drive I'd go see Man or Astroman at Ella's Folk Art Cafe.

My plans are a bike ride downtown to the First Night celebration to see fireworks, the (static) display of the Jannus plane, and Have Gun Will Travel/Lee Boys.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,339 Admiral
    fins4me wrote: »
    Prayers for your wife and the rest of the family to recover soon.

Thanks fins.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Great stuff. "Out of the inkwell..."
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Mrsfins has made a tactical error in planning this evening. She has allowed daughter to invite several of her friends over (17-19yr olds) to spend the evening while at the same time allowing finsjr to have his best friend over (14 yr olds) in same local.. Now finsjr and pal will depending on their level of maturity on this given day either see this as a hunt akin to a big game African Safari or will instead do their best to emulate Laurel and Hardy. Either way it will result in the same outcome,,, pain for the boy.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    Mrsfins has made a tactical error in planning this evening. She has allowed daughter to invite several of her friends over (17-19yr olds) to spend the evening while at the same time allowing finsjr to have his best friend over (14 yr olds) in same local.. Now finsjr and pal will depending on their level of maturity on this given day either see this as a hunt akin to an big game African Safari or will instead do their best to emulate Laurel and Hardy. Either way it will result in the same outcome,,, pain for the boy.

LOL. Boys on the prowl!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Admiral
    Just did a party for 80, followed by a party for 30. Tonight is sit down chateaubriand for 60 at one house and Chilean Sea Bass for 20 at another. Then get to turn around in the early hours and feed 80 tomorrow afternoon. :willynilly
    Mrsfins has made a tactical error in planning this evening. She has allowed daughter to invite several of her friends over (17-19yr olds) to spend the evening while at the same time allowing finsjr to have his best friend over (14 yr olds) in same local.. Now finsjr and pal will depending on their level of maturity on this given day either see this as a hunt akin to an big game African Safari or will instead do their best to emulate Laurel and Hardy. Either way it will result in the same outcome,,, pain for the boy.

Leave a giant **** in the toilet, I swear that you will never hear so much screaming and laughter as you will when they find it.

I do it all the time.

Mark Twain
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,532 Captain
    Excuse my ignorance, but is Calabrian the same as, or a type of Greek cooking?
    As first please forgive me for some words which I have to translate on google (I hope that are ok).

Some things are similar (in any case are both mediterranean cousine, e.g. olive oil, some cheeses, etc.) but is quite different.
    Of course pasta is the main difference but also meat (Greek is more based on sheep meat, Calabrian on pig and bovine meats) and spices are.
    In the calabrian cousine in fact the hot (mortal :grin) pepper is the king, it is present in almost all dishes.
    This evening, for istance, the first course is "morseddu" a cow tripe with tomato and hot pepper, served very hot in the typical calabrian bread ("pitta" a special bread modeled like a life ring).
    The real problem is that my mother in law love so much the hot pepper (she would put it also in breakfast milk :grin) so will be very hard for me this night (I'm from north of Italy, we don't use hot pepper).

Probably calabrian food is more similar to Mexican food than Greek.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Choose common sense, boycott political correctness.
    Ballak wrote: »
    As first please forgive me for some words which I have to translate on google (I hope that are ok).

Some things are similar (in any case are both mediterranean cousine, e.g. olive oil, some cheeses, etc.) but is quite different.
    Of course pasta is the main difference but also meat (Greek is more based on sheep meat, Calabrian on pig and bovine meats) and spices are.
    In the calabrian cousine in fact the hot (mortal :grin) pepper is the king, it is present in almost all dishes.
    This evening, for istance, the first course is "morseddu" a cow tripe with tomato and hot pepper, served very hot in the typical calabrian bread ("pitta" a special bread modeled like a life ring).
    The real problem is that my mother in law love so much the hot pepper (she would put it also in breakfast milk :grin) so will be very hard for me this night (I'm from north of Italy, we don't use hot pepper).

Sounds delicious and I love the heat.
    Sounds delicious and I love the heat.
    Good is good but it's little hard.
    If I come to Florida I will bring some calabrian pepper if you would try to taste it (of course I don't assume any responsability about your destiny :grin).

My YouTube Channel

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Running around my neighborhood naked covered in peanut butter and potato chips screaming about how the world is going to end on 04/20/2014
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,689 AG
    Running around my neighborhood naked covered in peanut butter and potato chips screaming about how the world is going to end on 04/20/2014

You too?

you did that last year

Mark Twain
    Ballak wrote: »

why do you live in Italy?

Mark Twain
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,946 Admiral
    astrophoto.jpeg
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,062 Captain
    Ribs on the smoker, callrds and ham hock in Dutch oven, obligatory blak eye peas, and a bushel of oysters with a small group of friends at the house.
    Ribs on the smoker, callrds and ham hock in Dutch oven, obligatory blak eye peas, and a bushel of oysters with a small group of friends at the house.

then what?

Mark Twain
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,062 Captain
    Popeye wrote: »
    then what?

We shoot Roman candles at Joey Buttons who is running around in the street out front covered in food and yelling something about world ending on his favorite day to smoke weed.
  • lilwoodylilwoody Posts: 1,076 Officer
    WORK.....Then off at 2300, the drive home is always a new and unusual experience. Over the last 30 years of working holidays NYE has always been the one the bike stays at home, I'd drive a tank if I had one. Seen fun, frivolity, nudity, arrests, decadence and death. Have fun folks, be safe.
    "Those who will trade freedom for security will have neither".
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    We shoot Roman candles at Joey Buttons who is running around in the street out front covered in food and yelling something about world ending on his favorite day to smoke weed.

Aim low please. Not trying to take another one in the ear again.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,978 Captain
    then what?
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
    I think that your neighbors could shoot down you legally :grin !

My YouTube Channel

why do you live in Italy?

:huh

Because I'm italian ?

My YouTube Channel

• HiHHiH Posts: 407 Deckhand
    Will be in bed asleep by 8:30. I have to work 5:30am-2pm
    :fishing The longer I'm Single, The more I get to fish!! :fishing
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    I'll be in a torch parade

[URL] [/URL]
    LOL. Boys on the prowl!

Actually they are (I think) going for a different strategy,, looks like they have decided the hey look at us we are muddy ATV riding, deer scouting, camo wearing, redneck want to be, maybe if we look all dirty they will not realize we are but overgrown pups strategy...

at least they are going for a different approach...

It will fail miserably and if they press the issue too far his sister will snap him like a dried twig but it is always fun to watch...
    "Today is MINE"
    Actually they are (I think) going for a different strategy,, looks like they have decided the hey look at us we are muddy ATV riding, deer scouting, camo wearing, redneck want to be, maybe if we look all dirty they will not realize we are but overgrown pups strategy...

at least they are going for a different approach...

It will fail miserably and if they press the issue too far his sister will snap him like a dried twig but it is always fun to watch...

Just hit them with a garden hose. That's what my dad did to me. :grin