New Years Eve plans?

Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,669 Admin
So whats on tap for this evening?

Will you be in NYC to watch the ball drop in 17 deg weather or sitting on your couch asleep at midnight?

Not a fan of traveling on New Years Eve but we will have some family and a few friends over.

Whatchu got planned?

:USA
"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

Replies

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Last year Laura and I made it till about ten. This year she is catering and will not be home till late. May make midnight.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,743 Admiral
    I could never stand in a pack of people like Times Square for hours on end, with no beer, or toilets, crammed in like sardines.

I've got a lingering cold, so I'm not too excited about going anywhere tonight.
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    made a crap load of deviled eggs last night. Tonight we will make pigs-n-a-blanket and some meatballs. Going over to friends tonight that likes to shoot me with roman candles. SHould be fun!
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    Not driving, that's fo sho
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Makoto's for dinner, then home.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,342 Admiral
    Very boring around here. Wife got out of the hospital on Sunday afternoon after having lung surgery. She is feeling good, but her daughter and mom both have flu and can not be around her. I think I'm making a us a pot of chicken and dumplings and we'll watch a movie or two.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
    Polar wrote: »
    made a crap load of deviled eggs last night. Tonight we will make pigs-n-a-blanket and some meatballs. Going over to friends tonight that likes to shoot me with roman candles. SHould be fun!

Take video please.
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,068 AG
    Just hanging at the house. Never was a big New Years celebrater.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    10 years in a row huge bonfire on beach, music, 5k in fireworks, party tent, 150 friends and family.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,692 AG
    10 years in a row huge bonfire on beach, music, 5k in fireworks, party tent, 150 friends and family.

Baller status

That's the way to do it. On the beach with friends. Sounds a little stressful though, that's a big shindig!
  • PhishbohnPhishbohn Posts: 2,978 Captain
    I might go see the dentist. maybe
    Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson.
    Cyclist wrote: »
    That's the way to do it. On the beach with friends. Sounds a little stressful though, that's a big shindig!

Yeah, I'd be worried about everyone getting home safely. But I bet that's one helluva party!
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Tonight is amateur night on the roads. Home having some neighbors over.
    Phishbohn wrote: »
    I might go see the dentist. maybe

Nitrous Oxide. Now that's a party!
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • New strings on the guitars, a few small amps to make us sound a bit crazy, Cold bear, Barbados Rum, steaks on the grill with a few stone crabs for appetizers, small crowd by the dock, life is good.......
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 4,537 Captain
    Calabrian homemade dinner (so, under high risk of heart attack :grin).
    And tomorrow at 6 AM first cast of the new year in the sea :fishing (of course only if I survived at the dinner).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English

My YouTube Channel

I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Choose common sense, boycott political correctness.
    Ballak wrote: »
    Calabrian homemade dinner (so, under high risk of heart attack :grin).
    And tomorrow at 6 AM first cast of the new year in the sea :fishing (of course only if I survived at the dinner).

Excuse my ignorance, but is Calabrian the same as, or a type of Greek cooking?
  • Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    No problem my cousin.is the property manager. 20 acres from ocean to icw, 16 furnished rental apartments, many tents and campers.
    Crazy part is there is a bike horn that goes off every 15 min for shots.
    Have witnessed people puking and crawling lost in the sea grapes LOL.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • 12yearsold.png
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,662 AG
    Changing out the light bulbs in the kitchen, then probably go to bed.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,358 Admiral
    Here in Albany GA everyone shoots guns at midnight. I stay at home & hope no bullets hit. 2 yrs ago I found a .45 slug in my driveway. You could tell it ran out of gas because it landed on its side. You know it's bad when the chief of police tells the officers not to get involved in any disturbances "to many guns out there." I have a grandson that was a cop for 2 yrs. He quit this year & went to work at the chevrolet dealership as a mechanic.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 8,193 Admiral
    Donna the Buffalo (Tankard's favorite band in the whole world), at Skippers in Tampa tonight.
    23895.gif
  • PopeyePopeye Posts: 14,296 Officer
    Im just gonna sit here and hope for the best

Just might fire of a bunch of guns that need to be fired.

Up into the air of course, that way no one gets hurt
    When I was younger, I could remember anything...

whether it had happened or not.

Mark Twain
    Fish Haid wrote: »
    Donna the Buffalo (Tankard's favorite band in the whole world), at Skippers in Tampa tonight.

Awesome! That place is a blast, used to hit reggae night 2x a month for years.
  • mjnmjn Posts: 1,564 Captain
    12yearsold.png

But not to get buzzed. :)

For me its seafood and beer.
    gammisun.jpgxxSearchEngineFail.jpg
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,406 AG
    Im gonna eat 18 hard boiled eggs today!
  • Yes, no.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Polar wrote: »
    Im gonna eat 18 hard boiled eggs today!