Texas - Oregon

Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,199 Captain
Texas did not belong as the same field as Oregon, what a rout! Oregon has some real speed, wish they were in a better game.

What do you think about the way Texas handled the Mack Brown situation? He was a great coach for 16 years, never had a scandal, won a NC, and overall ran a successful program. It seems they would have let him finish out his contract with dignity (one more year) and come to a conclusion then.

Is this another case of “what have you done for me lately”?

It’s really sad, the way things work now, we live in a throw away society.

Replies

• HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    Fly Hooker wrote: »
    Texas did not belong as the same field as Oregon, what a rout! Oregon has some real speed, wish they were in a better game.

What do you think about the way Texas handled the Mack Brown situation? He was a great coach for 16 years, never had a scandal, won a NC, and overall ran a successful program. It seems they would have let him finish out his contract with dignity (one more year) and come to a conclusion then.

it was my understanding they tried to do that this year. Have him announce his retirement and do a fare-ware tour through the whole season. He refused, he didn't want to accept this was his last year.

you don't pay someone millions of dollars and them not perform. Seriously, millions and millions of dollars in salary and justify a lack luster performance because he won a NC in the past? No. If he was volunteering his time, maybe, but he was very well compensated for what he did. He shouldn't be expect a free pass and millions based on past accomplishments.
  • upacreekupacreek Posts: 1,083 Officer

Evolve or get left behind. That about says it all.
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    to some, school > coach
    to others, coach > school

your opinion on how mark brown was treated depends on which of groups above you belong to. Same issue at FSU with Bowden

I personally believe school > coach