Randy Wayne White

Anybody on here read his books. Pretty good read to me. I always get a book for Christmas from my school teacher Aunt. He referenced Florida sportsman in his book I read. Nite moves

Replies

• ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    I've read most of his & enjoy most of his Doc Ford series. I've always enjoyed novels with ties to areas I've visited, hunted or fished & many of his books fit that bill.
    Not sure if it really matters anymore but his first books had a chronological order to where the second incorporated aspects of the first, etc..
    I'd recommend starting at the beginning & going in order. I probably have several somewhere & you are welcome to borrow them any time.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,845 Captain
    I went through the Travis McGee series by John D. Macdonald and then ran into Randy looking for more books on a similar vein (Florida, fishing, mystery, etc.) I enjoy Randy's books.
  • BeachRum1962BeachRum1962 Posts: 162 Officer
    His non-fiction stuff is real good too although the Doc Ford novels are what made him famous. Try "The Sharks of Lake Nicaragua: True tales of adventure, travel, and fishing" . My favorite Doc Ford novel was "North of Havana". He has a Rum Bar/Restaurant in Sanibel http://www.docfordssanibel.com/
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    I've read and enjoyed most of his books. Haven't tried the restaurant.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,310 Captain
    Robb White's Flotsam and Jetsom is a good read also
  • BeachRum1962BeachRum1962 Posts: 162 Officer
    Robb White's Flotsam and Jetsom is a good read also

Amen to that. Got it for my Dad a couple of years ago for Father's Day and he really enjoyed it. My turn now and I have to read a few pages at a time because it is huge.
  • BilllikefishBilllikefish Posts: 76 Deckhand
    finished his, I think, latest one Deep Shadow a month or so ago. Entertaining.

He was thru Eagle Eye bookstore over here by Emory U in the last month for a signing but I was away and could not make it by. Need to check out Robb White. Just started lone survivor yesterday.