Carrabelle River No Wake Zone Limits

I see folks running north of the bridge on the Carrabelle River but I've always kept a minimal wake up there. Does anyone know for sure how far the no wake zone extends to the north?

Replies

• plumbbobplumbbob Posts: 781 Officer
    You'll see signs.
  • JKPJKP Posts: 2,935 Captain
    That is the problem - it is not signed appropriately. There are a few signs obviously placed by property owners but the official signage ends around the bridge. It is odd that some folks run like hell through the few miles north of the bridge and others like me take it easy.
  • Tide-DancerTide-Dancer Posts: 1,347 Officer
    We have seen FWC writing tickets for wakes above the bridge. From the bridge down to the Coast Guard dock is no wake.
    The below info is taken from a Cruising guide and suggests that there is a no wake zone between # 25 and #40 markers. up river. So if your in a big hurry I don't think I would push my luck.

That being said and the fact that we have a NEW Crop of young wet behind the ears FWC officers now in the area. Well you can make up your own conclusion.

Cruising Guide to the Northern Gulf Coast: Florida, Alabama, ...
    books.google.com/books?isbn=1589800931
    Claiborne S. Young - 2003 - ‎Sports & Recreation
    Upstream on the Carrabelle River Many cruisers will choose to discontinue their ... A no-wake zone is in force between unlighted daybeacons #25 and #40.
  • Spanky DunlapSpanky Dunlap Posts: 685 Officer
    I actually ran into and stopped a FWC officer on the upper river last year. He confirmed that it's idle speed as you go upriver from the bridge up to a marker (can't remember the number...sorry) and then normal speed for only about a 1/2 mile, then idle, then normal once you reach the fork in the river.

But.....it's not well marked. That's for sure.

• max kirklandmax kirkland Posts: 2,127 Officer
    us dope growers wish yall would stay down river we don't need all the attention up river!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,977 AG
    Tell'm Max!
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,977 AG
    Oh yeah, isn't it the wrong time of year:scratch
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • plumbbobplumbbob Posts: 781 Officer
    Last harvest. Turning purple.