Tebow to ESPN

Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,804 Admiral
From his Facebook page:

I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity. When I was six years old I fell in love with the game of football, and while I continue to pursue my dream of playing quarterback in the NFL, this is an amazing opportunity to be a part of the unparalleled passion of college football and the SEC.

Like · · Share · 6 minutes ago ·
Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events

Replies

• on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    **** Noles in 3 2 1.....
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Good hire. He's beloved within the SEC and has a strong following.

It would seem this would interfere with his "dream of playing quarterback in the NFL" but provides him a nice soft landing place as that dream fades away.

By the way, after he's non-stop "I'm excited" press conference when the Jets signed him, don't you think he should have avoided that word in his announcement?
    I took it as a joke.
    But I agree... Lol
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,804 Admiral
    I'm thinking he's done with the NFL, especially after all the hurt QBs this year, and no call out to Timmy.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    DuPont wrote: »
    **** Noles in 3 2 1.....

Why would I be hurt? I said he would never take another snap as a QB in the NFL ever again, and he isn't

This just shows how "great" of a QB he is. If it weren't for the fan-far and media circus he wouldn't even be a commentator.
    Good hire. He's beloved within the SEC and has a strong following.

It would seem this would interfere with his "dream of playing quarterback in the NFL" but provides him a nice soft landing place as that dream fades away.

By the way, after he's non-stop "I'm excited" press conference when the Jets signed him, don't you think he should have avoided that word in his announcement?

GREAT HIRE by ESECPN They've always had an SEC tilt and this feeds their biggest demographic.
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    I'm thinking he's done with the NFL, especially after all the hurt QBs this year, and no call out to Timmy.

Stick a fork in him, he is done.

When the Rams called Favre and not TT.....
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    Dumbest post of the day for this guy. Hes the best QB to ever play college ball period. AND he has never been accused of **** some chick while her boyfriend slept in another room.

ZimmerNole wrote: »
    Why would I be hurt? I said he would never take another snap as a QB in the NFL ever again, and he isn't

This just shows how "great" of a QB he is. If it weren't for the fan-far and media circus he wouldn't even be a commentator.

GREAT HIRE by ESECPN They've always had an SEC tilt and this feeds their biggest demographic.

Stick a fork in him, he is done.

When the Rams called Favre and not TT.....
    Some people forget how close Timmy came to wearing 4 rings.
  • ZimmerNoleZimmerNole Posts: 9,244 Officer
    Longhaul wrote: »
    Dumbest post of the day for this guy. Hes the best QB to ever play college ball period. AND he has never been accused of **** some chick while her boyfriend slept in another room.

Have I ever said he wasn't a great college QB? Nope. Many people here will back me up on that. By far, one of the greatest ATHLETES to play CFB during this generation. However the man was surrounded by greatness and was put in a position to succeed. Amazing OL (80% are playing in the NFL) amazing skill players (You can name all of them in the NFL, expect maybe Dallas Baker?) and then once he was taken from that environment and it was put on him....he blew it! Tebow was a exposed in NY and NE for what he is in the NFL, a terrible NFL (key word NFL) QB
    Heroes On the Water
    South Florida Chapter Coordinator
    https://www.facebook.com/HOWSouthFloridaChapter

"Helping find peace for those who fought to defend it!" :USA
    FREEDOM CAPTURED!

FSU Alumni GO NOLES!!! >>
    >

2013 Hobie Outback
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Good for him, and good for ESPN. I'll be interested to see what his job is. If they force him to live, and stay, in NYC, that might suk. But if he's flying around the country (meaning the Southeast) on the company dime, watching and bloviating about football, sweeeeeet!
    If it weren't for the fan-far and media circus he wouldn't even be a commentator.

GREAT HIRE by ESECPN They've always had an SEC tilt

What? George, you should be better than this. If it weren't for (something) you wouldn't be a moderator. But you have it. Tebow's got his fame and following (I count myself among them).

ESPN has an SEC tilt? Ya think? And why wouldn't they? I'll go out on a limb and guess the S in ESPN stands for sports. What conference should a Sports network "tilt" toward during football season? AYSM? Nonsense. I understand good old honest hate. Hail, is there a more obnoxious gata hata than me? But your attitude about this is just as stupid as the uninformed ignoramuses on Jim's ****.
    Foo, wid yo triflingazz, yo.
    George I am still waiting for your retort on the bowl thread.
    CFB has two post seasons?
  • BayGatorBayGator Posts: 1,496 Officer
    magot wrote: »
    Good for him, and good for ESPN. I'll be interested to see what his job is. If they force him to live, and stay, in NYC, that might suk. But if he's flying around the country (meaning the Southeast) on the company dime, watching and bloviating about football, sweeeeeet!

What? George, you should be better than this. If it weren't for (something) you wouldn't be a moderator. But you have it. Tebow's got his fame and following (I count myself among them).

ESPN has an SEC tilt? Ya think? And why wouldn't they? I'll go out on a limb and guess the S in ESPN stands for sports. What conference should a Sports network "tilt" toward during football season? AYSM? Nonsense. I understand good old honest hate. Hail, is there a more obnoxious gata hata than me? But your attitude about this is just as stupid as the uninformed ignoramuses on Jim's ****.
    Foo, wid yo triflingazz, yo.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:applause
    Magot we are talking about George .... Psssst.
    He a joke yo.
    One more thing George... all CFB players are athletes.
    TT was a QB (one of the BEST EVER IN CFB)... You should know this well. I think he threw for a few yards vs the Noles.
  • Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,465 Admiral
    One more thing George... all CFB players are athletes.
    TT was a QB (one of the BEST EVER IN CFB)... You should know this well. I think he threw for a few yards vs the Noles.
    George knows full well what Tim did against FSU which is where the latent hate appears whenever he can take a jab at Tim. And George in case you didn't know , it's not unusual for high profile athletes to get opportunities for sports commentating. Obviously if he was not a famous QB , he would not have had the chance .
  • LonghaulLonghaul Posts: 1,745 Officer
    And now your backin up. Sign of weakness.

Have I ever said he wasn't a great college QB? Nope. Many people here will back me up on that. By far, one of the greatest ATHLETES to play CFB during this generation. However the man was surrounded by greatness and was put in a position to succeed. Amazing OL (80% are playing in the NFL) amazing skill players (You can name all of them in the NFL, expect maybe Dallas Baker?) and then once he was taken from that environment and it was put on him....he blew it! Tebow was a exposed in NY and NE for what he is in the NFL, a terrible NFL (key word NFL) QB
    Actually, there are a lot less jobs in broadcasting than there are playing in the NFL.

Congrats Timmy!
    Guess George is busy...

Timmy definitely won championships and the Heisman because he was surrounded by great skill players, and even more so, a great defense. It's just kind of whiney to keep bringing it up when people talk about his accomplishments.

Where would Jameis be without his great line and playmakers ;)
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    Is he bright enough to be a broadcaster?
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,079 Admiral
    Good for Timmy. He's a good guy.
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    I hope he can keep his hands off Jesse Palmer .....
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Cane Pole wrote: »
    Actually, there are a lot less jobs in broadcasting than there are playing in the NFL.

Congrats Timmy!

You just kind of make this stuff up, don't you?

Given that Timmy wants to start in the NFL as a QB, there are 32 of those jobs. If he just wants to be on a roster, then there's 96. So, are you saying there are less than 32 jobs in broadcasting or less than 96?
    You just kind of make this stuff up, don't you?

Given that Timmy wants to start in the NFL as a QB, there are 32 of those jobs. If he just wants to be on a roster, then there's 96. So, are you saying there are less than 32 jobs in broadcasting or less than 96?

I do make stuff up.

There's probably close to 96 broadcasting jobs in the NFL and NCAA, but I was thinking of total jobs playing in the NFL, of which there are about 1800 counting the practice squads.

Plus broadcasters careers can last 10-20 years, while in the NFL, it 2-3 years avg.

Any way you look at it, it's much harder to get a broadcasting job.
  • upacreekupacreek Posts: 1,083 Officer
    FishInFL wrote: »
    Is he bright enough to be a broadcaster?

He certainly is not very articulate. It is painful for us true Tebow fans to listen to him stumble and mumble along during interviews. The only success I see for him in broadcasting is sideline or chalkboard x's and o's work.
    Being articulate doesn't make you "bright". Think of some of the stupid stuff you hear on TV now. Especially when they are trying to fill dead airtime during play reviews. :banghead
  • JaxNoleJaxNole Posts: 1,705 Captain
    upacreek wrote: »
    He certainly is not very articulate. It is painful for us true Tebow fans to listen to him stumble and mumble along during interviews.

It is just as painful for the rest of the free world as well. Good kid though.
    I am excited about the news.
  • ResinheadResinhead Posts: 10,510 AG
    I am excited about the news.
  • magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    Yeah, he could lose the "I'm excited" phrase. But if OJ Simpson could get on MNF with his ebonics rap, Tim should be okay.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    On a side note the genius who drafted him #1 is in contention for the head coach of the Browns.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/31/patriots-give-browns-permission-to-interview-josh-mcdaniels/
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,702 Admin
    Longhaul wrote: »
    he has never been accused of **** some chick while her boyfriend slept in another room.

That's for sure.
    Timmy would have done it the other way around.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!