Skip to main content
Home Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Palm Valley Report

Got out last week with a cousin who was visiting for Christmas. Found the fish to be quite cooperative and caught 7 or 8 slot reds, a couple Rats and an "infamous" N Florida Snook. Morning bite was all topwater and then switched to live mullet in the afternoon. All in all, it was a great day and one I'm glad I got to spend with family.

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• jlh49jlh49 Senior Member Posts: 3,127 Officer
    Good job & thanks for posting!

:cool:
  • Big Bend BrianBig Bend Brian Senior Member Ponte Vedra (Palm Valley) & Cedar Key, FLPosts: 1,459 Officer
    Nice report. I haven’t thought about topwater fishing since the water temp has dropped. Maybe need to rethink this…
    I’ve caught about a dozen 6 inch snook in the Palm Valley back water throwing the cast net for bait. Looking promising.
    Thanks for posting.
    Brian
  • ton_e_montanaton_e_montana Senior Member Posts: 468 Officer
    Solid day! Bucket list fish for me. Would love to catch one up here.
  • blackbeardblackbeard Junior Member Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    I love to see more and more Snook caught here in NE FLA. My wife caught a 8lb. one before we had the hard freezes a few years ago. Hopefully they are on the come back. Nice Catching!
  • float & stalkfloat & stalk Member St AugustinePosts: 35 Deckhand
    If anyone ever wants to go fishing in PV, shoot me a PM. I'm always looking to meet up with experienced anglers. My boat or yours.......
  • Don46Don46 Member Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    Monroe on his Out the Door TV show did a shook fishing in Jacksonville. It was in the Trout River I believe and they caught quite a few. Nothing large.
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸. ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><((((º>`·. ¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸. ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>><((((º>`·. ¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸. ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Senior Member Posts: 1,363 Officer
    great cathces love seing the snook coming back. i also have caught quite a few small ones in brackinsh creeks in the castnet along with baby tarpon, and a hint they dont go to far form there to grow up......alot float into small ponds and get quite large. i have a pitcure of a 20+lb snook my friend caught and released in a small pond up here i will share when i find it.
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!
  • methodm3nmethodm3n Member Saint Johns, FLPosts: 83 Deckhand
    Nice!
    Methodm3n
    :crowd
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Senior Member Neptune BeachPosts: 2,109 Captain
    n
    Don46 wrote: »
    Monroe on his Out the Door TV show did a shook fishing.

Dang, you're old!:grin