Time to hunt

Replies

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,983 AG
    Good luck to you and your sis.

My buddy just busted a yote but one got away.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • vlcmsrfrvlcmsrfr Tallahassee, JupiterPosts: 215 Deckhand
    Good luck. The feed times are on your side too.
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,002 Officer
    Had a doe slip past us as my sis wasn't able to get the gun up in time. She crossed the road instead of feeding on the 'special acorns'.
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • grouper sandwichgrouper sandwich Posts: 531 Officer
    I think all the deer in Jefferson county have been abducted by aliens and sold to Mars!
    corksling-2.jpg
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,848 Captain
    7 Jakes and 2 longbeards keep feeding through here....
    Guess I will try turkey hunting this season.
    Proverbs 13:3
    Didn't happen. 8 hunters and only two stands saw deer. Just got home and was going to rest but got a call to go duck hunting so off I go. Heading back up there tomorrow afternoon or mom morning. Good luck to those hunting.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,002 Officer
    We sleep when we're dead....I remind myself of that every time I go to bed or when I wake up exhausted. I like your dedication....go when you can, when you can...never know when you won't be able .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,928 Captain
    Seeing lots of young bucks the last few days, big boys wont move for a week or so on our place.
    Had a young six bed down 20 yds from me this morning, he stayed 2 hours, chewing his cud.
    F the feds
  • beerfishbeerfish Posts: 231 Deckhand
    Enjoy the reports, keep em coming!
    Also like to hear that I'm not the only one not seeing anything.
    Slept in this morning to recharge the batteries. I agree Bodine. Next week the bigger bucks should start showing up. This is how it was last yr but the yr before it was last week. Lots of stand time coming up in the next week for me. Good luck to all that go .

Oh yeah, no ducks to speak of.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,253 Admiral
    No one I've talked to has ducks. People that normally have plenty.
  • bottomtimebottomtime Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Giving the Gadsden county deer a shot today and tomorrow with my little hunting buddy.
  • Jolly ManJolly Man Posts: 967 Officer
    Good luck MM.
    The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. - Charles Swindoll
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,928 Captain
    Not much movement today, young bucks and does were sporatic.
    I had 7 guns hunting and watching.
    F the feds
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Sat this afternoon through some serious hip pain that started as I was going in and got worse throughout the sit. Didn't see anything and have a small game hunt tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, assuming I can get in to the chiropractor tomorrow. Otherwise I'm done until I can get in - barely able to get up/down right now.
    Get well foo. In the stand down the road from the house in Jefferson co. Calm, no wind at all, pink sky to the east and squires every where. Good luck to all hunting.
  • tapatetapate Posts: 5,253 Admiral
    Chiro for hip pain?
    tapate wrote: »
    Chiro for hip pain?

Yeah, I threw my hip out as a kid (~12to). Went to the er not knowing what it was and they told me nothing they could do, go see a chiro on Monday. Been seeing a chiro about once a year when I manage to get it "out of whack". This is the worst it's been that I can recall. Can barely get up out of a chair. Bed is the better option. Hurts like ****
    No deer. I didn't even see a fresh track since the rain early yesterday morning. Back at the house and going to head back to my buddies place in an hour or so.

Good luck BT!! Hope you and your lil buddy get one.
    When I went yesterday I checked the feeder in the front and it goes off at 8am. I came through at 230p headed to the back and all the corn was gone. They were in between 8 and 230 (out the bear came back, didn't pull the camera card to see)
  • LiveLineLiveLine Wakulla County, FloridaPosts: 1,709 Captain
    I went to feed up yesterday around noon. Saw a doe and two different spikes in the middle of the day.....

Hoping he will show up in the daytime
    Mason sat from 6:15 to 10:15 before he finally had to go pee. No deer sightings though. We'll give it another shot this evening.
    That's a long sit for a little person. He did good!

Back in the stand at my buddies. Not sure when I'm going home but I am here for 4-5 days at unless I kill one. I'd be nice to go home in a day or two :grin I'm sitting a plot but have great views all around. 4 hunters and one has his 10 yr old girl. Hope she scores!!

image_zpsdaaa5522.jpg

Right

image_zpsc60b9791.jpg

Left

image_zps6e7d808e.jpg
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 658 Officer
    Pretty woods view Micci. Good luck hope you get a bigun...
    Spent a couple hours with a 5 year old, a Chipmunk rifle and a pocket full of 22 shorts. Tree rats beware! Most fun I've had in years. Back in the stand for one more sit.
    Sorry for the sideways images.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,106 Captain
    Don't worry about the sideways photos, bottomtime.....just gives you a chance to look from left to right and right to left and back again :wink
    Had a deer come in at 6:09, think it was a doe. To dark to tell. 3 deer seen between 4 stands. 2 for2. Good night folks, back at it in the mornin
    Struck out again. Can't hunt tomorrow- have to attend a funeral in Lake City, but will probably see if there are any deer left in Madison County on Wednesday.
    Heading out shortly. Going back to the same stand as yester eve. Signal is spotty there but I'll update if I can. Good luck to those hunting.