Time to hunt

Just settled in a stand. This is the start of a two week hunt hard dealeo. Hunting with a friend for 3 to 4 days then back around the house hunting (deer and duck) and then back up here next week. The rut is fixing to be kicking.

Hunting plots this evening due to time. Hitting the bottoms in the morning.

image_zps7eb96eaa.jpg

image_zps58fdfeaa.jpg
Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Posts: 2,106 Captain
    Time to run a little fire over those pines, micci!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,360 Admiral
    Man, you gonna be a huntin' machine doing all that.:thumbsup
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,002 Officer
    Beautiful plot, though it seems the deer don't enjoy it's beauty as much. Man that thing is thick! Alicia and I hunted this am and didn't see anything. LOTS of deer on the roads driving in, never a motivating. I think that's the first time since season started we have been goose egged, I ain't complaining....it was perfect huntin weather this morning. Beautiful country your hunting out there, looks like western Gadsden, based on that pic of the rolling hills ( close to Torreya?). Good luck man, I hope you kill a bunch and a biggin!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,983 AG
    Seen 5 does, 2 gobblers and 1 buck. That plot is very thick but everyone was tearing it up. Looking forwArd to the bottoms in the morning.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
    Good deal Tommy...glad to hear the action was good for you! Please kill a big buck tomorrow or the next day for those of us that have to work. You're the man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,828 Moderator
    I ain't killed squat yet. Kill one so I can see what they look like.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SAENoleSAENole Posts: 10,349 AG
    Saw a young 8 point doing a little chasing yesterday afternoon here near Panama City. Still a little early in this neck of the woods.

Pun intended.
    Warning Level 2
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Good luck, and if you need someone to help you smack a duck or two, let me know. I'm off until the 2nd.

I'll be down at the coast in the morning. Haven't decided of I'm going to the stand that requires waders to get there or not.
  • FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 2,848 Captain
    My first time in the woods in December. 46° when I got out of the truck. Heard turkeys talking all around me for about 45 minutes then heard them start flying down.

This group just left. Sorry it's blurry. Had to zoom as they were 50 yards out.

No deer yet.
    Proverbs 13:3
    200-250 lb bear is all I've got for this morning. Not the biggest I've seen on this 40 acres, not the smallest either.
    A gobbling gobbler, 4 does and this nice young 8 so far. Sitting till noon.

image_zpscc3e08d2.jpg
    Back in the same stand as this morning. It's Deery looking. 4 hunters in the Woods. 11 deer total this morning. Keep'm crossed.

I'm as far down the bottom as you can see

image_zps5052ac98.jpg
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Those Magnolias are tough to hunt in sometimes.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
    They are deff a pain to walk in but I'm 175 yds below them in the bottom. That pic is where the land drops off where I entered.
    First two visitors. Doe and yearling

image_zps22ff5237.jpg
  • grouper sandwichgrouper sandwich Posts: 531 Officer
    Nothing but tweety birds so far for me.dy2yzy5u.jpg

I can hear the turkeys going to roost to my north. Can't see them though. I did find this earlier this afternoon though.

nysygyve.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    corksling-2.jpg
    Have you ever peed in a scrape?
    Warning Level 2
    SAENole wrote: »

I have and they wer tore up after each morning. Starting to see scrapes every where and hit often today. Only 2 deer seen thisafternon. Back at it in the morning. Later people
  • grouper sandwichgrouper sandwich Posts: 531 Officer

Yep! In fact. I gave this one a good sprinkle before exiting the area. However, didn't see a thing this evening, not even a squirrel!
    corksling-2.jpg
    Good to know I'm not the only one.
    Warning Level 2

Every one that I have an urge to go when I'm standing next to it.
    Calm and quiet so far but another beautiful morning. Someone tell the deer that now is the major feed and they need to get up and move...
    I see you

image_zpsacc5b4ab.jpg
  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand

Yes, it seems to keep them coming back. I will be hitting it hard this weekend.

Keep it coming Micci. I do not have cell service where I hunt so it is interesting to see other places and others set their areas up.
  • manleymanley Posts: 882 Officer
    Y'all killemup.
    I'm going to try to go in the morning... that will be my first time in over a month.
  • bottomtimebottomtime Posts: 354 Deckhand
    micci_man wrote: »
    I see you

image_zpsacc5b4ab.jpg

When I scrolled down and saw this pic, I thought of one of these.
    LOL

Nobody saw a deer this morning and we sat till 11:30. Back in the same stand as the last 4 sits. Just to pretty to leave and I know a few good deer are using it. Just trying to be here when he is. We'll see....
    2 does and a yearling for me a lone doe for my buddy and a loud and close grunt for him at dark. Nothing for the other two. Back at it in the morning .
    Hunt # 6. Back in the same stand for the 5th sit. Seen deer 3 of 4 sits here but ima sucker for a big HW bottom. 8 hunters this morning including a young fella. Hope he scores. I love this stuff! Keep'm crossed....
    Good luck Tommy. Sitting in the stand with my sister trying to get her second deer ever. We were lucky lay year and she scored her very first with me in the same stand. Busted one walking in but Haven't heard anything but shotguns all morning.,