Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Posts: 8,001 Admiral
    If you choose to go with either, I would be interested in your review.
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    I have switched all my mags to LED. Been very pleased with them. Much brighter. Not sure if they last longer, but I think they do. Got my stuff from one of the big box home improvement stores.
  • fishinbugfishinbug Posts: 314 Deckhand
    I changed to a LED bulb in my five cell Mag Lite. It works well but it does not focus a beam like the old incandescent bulb did.
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,918 Captain
    IMO they aren't worth upgrading. You can get something brighter, lighter weight, and rechargeable that will blow most any Mag Lite away and it will probably even cost less. Find something with an XML emitter that uses 18650 batteries. It will be a night and day different in size, weight, brightness, and will probably even have better run time.
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,927 Captain
    Spineyman wrote: »
    If you choose to go with either, I would be interested in your review.

I ordered the bulb replacement for 16 bucks
    and then
    ordered this
    Armytek Predator Pro v2.5 XP-G2 (Warm). Black.
    640 Lumen should do just fine.
    pred_black_0413667262235176964fee8d3.jpg
    F the feds
  • BodineBodine Posts: 2,927 Captain
    Jim311 wrote: »
    Find something with an XML emitter that uses 18650 batteries.

While I agree, anyone considering 1865 batteries should research them well, paying attention to the quality of the battery and charger chosen.

Start here
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?235164-Using-Li-ion-cells-in-LED-flashlights-safely&
    F the feds