Home Classifieds: Fishing Tackle

Stella 8000 FA brand new for sale sebastian inlet

I have a brand new Stella 8000 for sale. Bought it about 5 years ago and never used it. The box is beat up but the reel has never had line put on it. I am camping around sebastian inlet if you want to meet up and look at the reel. I want $500.00 for it. Must be in cash no checks. Let me know..

Replies

• MrredbeardMrredbeard Posts: 36 Deckhand
    I would also trade for a left handed gun. Will put cash with my reel for right gun.
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    hmmm.... that doesnt sound sketchy in the least bit....?
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Will you possibly take less? I have only 2 bills I can turn loose of right now, but it's cash money. PM me PLEASE!!!
    FISHHUNTR wrote: »
    hmmm.... that doesnt sound sketchy in the least bit....?

Feel free to call me if it sounds sketchy. 941-374-3825. Robert
    If the two bills are 250 each we can deal.. If your offering me $200.00 for a brand new Stella I am afraid I have to laugh in your face.. Sorry but I will have to decline your offer
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    Brand new = not 5 years old. Right?
    Has to be at least 8-10 years old... they were discontinued in 2005 and I'm pretty sure 500 is what they cost back then.. add to that parts and shimano support has also been discontinued on this model, Im not seeing the appeal at that price
    Brand new = not 5 years old. Right?

Reel has never been used and has never had line put on it. If you prefer I can call it unused. On most threads people comment on something they are interested in, I guess thing are different here. Anyway reel is for sale , it is in sebastian inlet campground, and it has never been used. Discontinued in 2005 = still for sale for several years until stock runs out= I bought it about 5 years ago at cabellas. Price was 699.00 when the reel was bought . If you guys aren't interested I understand. But I don't think you can find a better deal on one.
    Has to be at least 8-10 years old... they were discontinued in 2005 and I'm pretty sure 500 is what they cost back then.. add to that parts and shimano support has also been discontinued on this model, Im not seeing the appeal at that price
    You say discontinued in 2005 so why does it have to be 8 or 10 years old. You comment makes no sense. If it was that old I would say it was because it would still be worth the same amount of money. Ten years old Unused or 5 years old unused should still hold the same value, I think. Maybe not. If I am wrong I am sorry but that is my opinion
    There are pics of this reel from a thread on jan 2013 when I listed it here then. I don't know how to move the pics over to this thread or I would move them. I am working off an iPad so I don't have the pics to move
    Mrredbeard wrote: »
    You say discontinued in 2005 so why does it have to be 8 or 10 years old. You comment makes no sense. If it was that old I would say it was because it would still be worth the same amount of money. Ten years old Unused or 5 years old unused should still hold the same value, I think. Maybe not. If I am wrong I am sorry but that is my opinion
    Because it was made from 2003-2005 so if its from 2003 its 10yrs old best case its an 05 then its 8 years old. Do some research shimano will not even touch this thing if it breaks... its listed as "un serviceable", parts and repair discontinues 5-7yrs after a reel is discontinued per Shimano
    Heres your pic
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    It's a nice looking reel, and I've not seen a model in that shape offered at that price.

Don't mind the jealous jackholes trolling this ad.
    Heres your pic

Fish hunter thank you for posting my pic. The $200.00 bottle of remy XO in the pic is not for sale, just in case you were wondering.
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    You paid too much for your drink too:).
    CW'ing!!!!
    I guess if your not used to the finer things in life one may think that is expensive for a. Bottle. Actually that is what I have for my guests. My drink is remy excellence during the week and Louie 13th for the weekend. If ya buy Tgat reel I will share a taste of remy Louis 13th with ya
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Em are red beard, the proper term for this reel is NOS, "New Old Stock". If the box was in better condition, you might get away with MIB, "Mint In Box".

As for the value of the reel, anything after retail market in that condition is valued at 75%, or less. If you paid $500 fer back in 2003-5, with a mint box it might've fetched $375, but since the box is worn, and the reel is no longer serviceable, I think that offer of $200 from `loosa is mighty generous and you oughta maybe rethink yer decision.....
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I guess if your not used to the finer things in life one may think that is expensive for a. Bottle. Actually that is what I have for my guests. My drink is remy excellence during the week and Louie 13th for the weekend. If ya buy Tgat reel I will share a taste of remy Louis 13th with ya

That's what the brothers order at the clubs to make them look cool. I'd rather drank some basil Hayden, and for the taste, not just the $40 a bottle cost. Never mind I think $500 fer a bottle of likker is just plain derped up meng. Whateva floats yer bote....
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    FYI 'experts'- According to Shimano's Website- the Stella 8kFA is listed as 'serviceable' (& covered by their Platinum Warranty). I'm also pretty sure the FA was D/C'd ~'08 (not '05). IMO $500 for a 'New/Never Used' Stella 8kFA is a reasonable asking price & I see ~9/10 (lightly used) Stella8kFAs sell for ~$400 pretty regularly. Some people even prefer the older FAs to the newer models... I doubt anyone here will pay $500 for it, but you can get >$400 on eBay guaranteed... If I were close enough to pick it I'd give you $400 cash... That's 1 of the finest reels ever made...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    Reel stamas thank you for your input. I think that your idea of $400 is resonable and you sound like a knowable person. I don't think I could part with it for any less because I am just keeping it for a back up reel. I have several Stella's. All of them smaller. But at the time I thought I just may need a large reel. I hope you have a merry Christmas. I thank you again for being one of few nice people on bere
    Got ants , thanks for info on the terms nos or mint in box. I really didn't know what to call it because the box is beat up. I think I am going to try to put another pic up, maybe a more clear one. Thanks again
    If you bent the spool on that reel you might find it very difficult to locate a replacement that fits.

My 2 bills offer stands ......
  • chalmerspchalmersp Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Beautiful looking reel, and if I had 400 bucks I would be driving over to Sebasitian right now! Let me see what cash I can gather up though!
    chalmersp wrote: »
    Beautiful looking reel, and if I had 400 bucks I would be driving over to Sebasitian right now! Let me see what cash I can gather up though!

I am driving over to leesburg tonite to pick up some flashlights , if anyone over there is interested I can deliver in time for Christmas.
    I would also trade this reel for a smaller Stella in the same condition
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Do we have to meet at the inlet?
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
    I am driving over to leesburg tonite to pick up some flashlights , if anyone over there is interested I can deliver in time for Christmas.

That'll save me 1/2 the drive. I'll go $225.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    Both the 6k & 8kFA Spools (& the older Japanese SW6 or 8kHG Spools will fit & are available on eBay for ~$100-$125 routinely...
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    GT Fish wrote: »
    Do we have to meet at the inlet?

Of course we don't have to meet at Sebastian inlet. That is just where I am fishing for three weeks.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Don't let a boatless fake **** Jew you down. He needs a zeros spin cast for the crappy trolling he does.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "