Today is a Big Day !!

No need to ask what's for Christmas at our house.

This afternoon Child Bride (aka Miss Joy or just Joy) and I will sign a bunch of papers and become new owners of a "real house" in Mexico Beach. I've complaned long enough about living around the ATL and well, shouldn't have that to ***** about much longer. We've had, and will keep the Townhouse here for many years (I ain't giving up my slip), and while nice enough, it's what it is, a Townhouse. Or another way, ok for awhile, but I couldn't live in it full time, especially with the wonder dog ( an Aussie). One of the other of us was gonna' go. Buying a home these days is a real adventure and I don't recommend it to the weak at heart. Kind of "if I knew what I know now" type thing. Oh, and buying home owners insurance in FL is a real treat also. As Ferris says, get off the hip, only big time.

So, in the end, excited, kinda' scared, we'll do the move over months and for the short term keep Miss Joy's garden up north also. Sounds like a long commute to me. If I knew what I know now.

Wish me luck.

tk

Replies

• CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,386 Officer
    That sounds like a fun adventure coming up.
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 4,659 Captain
    good for ya'ii,getting out of this poop hole known as atl.still trying myself,just going towards savannah.if company had more work in panhandle would be there in a heartbeat.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 3,265 Captain
    Congratulations
    You should have been here yesterday
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 5,337 Admiral
    Congratulations, I like Mexico Beach. It hasn't got to big yet.
  • PineywoodsPineywoods Posts: 128 Deckhand
    Congrats
  • KayakMacGyverKayakMacGyver Posts: 1,002 Officer
    Very nice. Congrats! Mex Beach is a really cool place. I love the proximity to inshore fishing/ scalloping in PSJ and the offshore deep water fishing out of MB and PC. I'm jealous ...
    They Can't Us "You Should Have Been There Yesterday"...........Because We Were!
  • ducknfishducknfish Posts: 3,821 Officer
    :beer:beer:beer
  • whiteelephantwhiteelephant Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Good on you but leave the rest of those atl folks up there! You will love it and live longer too.